Burger Alley - El Segundo

The office made a burger run and thumbs up from everyone. An assortment of burgers were ordered and everyone loved the meatiness of the patty and quality of ingredients. The onion rings were also a hit. The fries were alright. I thought they were limp and slightly undercooked. We were at the end of a huge rush and I wonder if they just got pulled too soon trying to finish up our order. They apologized a couple of times about how long it took. They are just lovely people there. I’ll give the fries a shot again next time.

The side note to your reminder nudge about Corner Burger is that I started hitting them up for a breakfast burrito. Ever since I started my new job down in South Bay, I’ve been looking for a breakfast burrito place for my Friday morning ritual treat. It’s my way of signaling the start of the weekend. I’ve tried many contenders in the past several months but nothing that really stuck. Until now. Corner Burger is the winner.

I really like their breakfast burritos, not greasy, well made, solid QPR. But what really puts it over the top is their wonderful spicy salsa. On top of the friendly service, they are now my Friday go to breakfast burrito treat.

So thanks!

The fries are usually pretty good! Merlin approved even!

3 Likes

Well then, that just means I need to return soon to try them. I do like crinkle cut and they were seasoned well. I suspect it was because we were at the tail end of a huge rush and we had a huge order ourselves, they were trying to take care of us. Another minute or two in the fryer and it would have been just right IMO.

Cute Aussie… they’ll sell their souls for food.

Finally made my way here for lunch. Two grizzled veterans manning the hot woks.

Ordered the szechuan chow mein. No idea what that is but sounded and looked good. It was about 1.5 lbs of food. Pleasantly surprised. A good number of shrimp and fresh broccoli. It hit the spot.

1 Like

Glad you liked it!!! I was never one for their noodle dishes but the fresh and well wok’d veggies make all the difference… A few weeks ago I met an aerospace friend there and he commented on his plentiful Italian broccoli on his best and broccoli.

For many years now there are rumors of Chinese spies in town in radar buses and such… we joked that Boeing must pay them extra to keep them using the wrong “types” of veggies on purpose…