Burgers Never Say Die

Anyone have intel on the line situation these days? Can this be done in a 75 minute lunch break?

I went on a recent Saturday at slightly off hours (3 pm or so) - ordered immediately, then waited about 20 minutes for our burgers.

And since we’re on the topic - I thought they were delicious, and probably the ultimate version of basically McDonald’s cheeseburger, but I would never wait more than an hour for one. Personally.

3 Likes

Fairly certain lunch during the work week is maybe 15min max wait if that…I’d say your golden.

Love these burgers as well.

1 Like

Yes. I waited 25 minutes at most. And they were busy.

1 Like

I went around 1:30pm on a random weekday, I got my food within ten minutes.

1 Like

I love the flavor combination in a McD’s cheeseburger personally.

If you like BNSD/McD’s check out Yuca’s on Hillhurst. That is a good cheeseburger!

2 Likes

I really wanted to love this - I’m currently in a burger phase and I enjoy McD burgers; yet this ended up being less than the sum of it’s parts. I think (for me), the typical McD condiment package exists to hide the crappy taste of McD beef. With something like this, they ended up overpowering it. So I got the nice crispy edges from the patty…but what I did not get was a lot of beefy flavor. I think if I go back, I would skip the fries and condiments.

$15 for double/fries/bottle drink. In/Out in 30 minutes @ 12:10 on a weekday.

Current menu:

5 Likes

29 posts were split to a new topic: Of bread, toasts, and everything else in-between

lines are definitely reasonable now - I was in/out in < 15 minutes today.

2 Likes

Is Yelp correct that they are also open until midnight now?

If so, I will visit much more often. One of my favorite burgers, but the long lines and their hours only being until 6 pm have kept from from returning, too often.

1 Like

This would be a serious game-changer for me. Silver Lake Wine tasting and/or Magpie’s and/or Red Lion serious of bangs could be pretty excellent.

1 Like

Not a bad burger but there’s not much to say…I like the crispy edges on the patties but that’s about it. It’s a slightly superior Mcd double cheeseburger that has a very similar flavor profile.

Post lunch bang bang at Proof’s Bakery:

strawberry chiffon gateau

basque apricot gateau

9 Likes

yeah it’s fine, but to wait for it is ridiculous.

I probably wouldn’t wait in a line for it but that burger looks DELICIOUS

no wait when i went during lunch

How was that strawberry cake?

It’s fine but I prefer Phoenix Bakery’s version which is lighter, more airy, and moist.

2 Likes

Yuca’s is the best burger in LA. Period. Get’s overlooked because their other food is so good. Order the double cheeseburger every time.

1 Like

I can’t resist a Yuca’s cheeseburger if I am in the area!

That’s crazy talk

1 Like