Calo in El Segundo/MB - worth a quick stop?

Thank you for the info. I think while the Imp Hwy location is great (we like it better than the Centinela spot), my cousin wants to have dinner at our home. And with her short window of time, the clock is our enemy.

Ordering the PZ at the Imp Hwy location is tougher r.e. timing and logistics. The PZ usually takes ~30 minutes, the ride home around 5-5:30PM from there to the Westside is probably another 30-40 minutes, with my cousin in tow. The Centinela location would be ideal at 5-10 minutes away.

Is Sweet Rose Creamery a possible stop? Not sure what ice-cream options are like in Hiroshima, but SR’s unique flavors and lack of gummy/gross texture + not cloyingly sweet might make it a nice addition.

1 Like

Sweet Rose is enjoyable. The general area also has Wanderlust, Salt & Straw, Jeni’s, Humphry Slocombe and a couple others. I’m planning on getting a passion fruit/raspberry cream pie from Republique, which is probably even more unique. But we’ll leave it up to her - and time. Thanks for the rec.

1 Like

I love that pie. I think your cousin would enjoy it.

1 Like

Each in our family tends to be divergent in tastes. It’s a rare moment when everyone in our family is wowed by something like pie.

1 Like