Canadian Travelling to LA - Recommendations and feedback?

Same experience here. One and done.

I’ve had better croissants at breakfast buffets in Mumbai

Hmmm… Maybe a case of “Sergio Syndrome” here?

Entirely possible. Since I don’t live/work anywhere near Proof, I don’t know what their “usual” level of quality is.

Just had Proof croissant and it was excellent

Respect for finding Mashti Malone. Haven’t seen that picked often. That’s my shit

1 Like

Mashti Malone was very popular back in the Chowhound days. I think once other similar options became available (the ice cream counter at Super Sun Market, Saffron and Rose on Westwood), Mashti kinda got lost in the shuffle. Add all the other ice cream places that have opened over the past five years, and it’s a very hard to still stand out.

3 Likes

I came across Mashti Malone because it was in a central area (ok didn’t realize Hollywood blvd was so gaudy at the time!) but never ended up going either.

I should have done more research for the bakeries though it was more of a spur of the moment decision while I was there. Hopefully the croissant discussion sparked in this thread will be useful for future visitors.

I did indeed visit Griffith observatory during the day and enjoyed the view there. Though i was not able to capitalize on the 0.50 cent observatory bus because it turns out the metro day pass did not cover the full fare, and i paid a $1 to cover the 35 cents charge since i had no change and didn’t want to jump off the bus to look for some.

2 Likes

Really don’t enjoy the update to Mashti. Soul is gone. Still good yums though