Capital Seafood Beverly Hills [Dim Sum]: A Pictorial Essay

All this capital seafood talk made me crave some dim sum “without carts”. I was a big loser and went by myself since my lunch meeting cancelled. Had the turnip cake, chicken feet, shrimp paste rice roll.

Turnip cake was deliciously steamed almost creamy and super crunchy on the outside. Cake had actual large chunks of turnips which was a plus. Chicken feet were hot and fall apart tender. Rice cake rolls with shrimp paste was probably my favorite dish. Never had a fried piece of shrimp sandwiched in a rice roll gave it a better taste and similar crunch that was a great replacement for the usual fried cruller.

Only miss was the egg yolk baked pineapple bun. I should’ve just stuck with the flowing sand steamed buns. Overall a great meal.

Here’s a chicken feet picture for all the bone squeamish @TheCookie

5 Likes

It’s @TheCookie. :wink:

1 Like

Fixed! I was posting on mobile.

1 Like

Hope none of the leftovers were chicken digits.

After all, you don’t wanna lose your street cred with the cart ladies. :wink:

1 Like

Hah! I’ve seen them enough on this site and curiosity is getting the best of me. But I don’t think this guy, Mr TheCookie, will have a problem with them at all. :grimacing:

6 Likes

I seriously wonder if people who say they don’t eat chicken feet have ever had them. We didn’t eat them for a long, long time and now don’t remember why we eventually got them. They’re the first thing we order now.

“Hey AFLAC, pay up or the duck gets it. No? Okay - the duck gets it…” :yum:

3 Likes

Extra bundles of leaf wrapped sticky rice. Perfect reheater. Aside that, I’m with you.

I think anyone on this board has tried them. My girl always orders them. I always skip. Love the taste but the skin/collagen only texture is off-putting to me. Need some meat up in there.

3 Likes

That’s my boy!

1 Like

Yeah, I think they’re tasty. For me, they’re just tedious to eat. I’ve got better things to spend my time on at the dim sum table.

2 Likes

Just suck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jesus H Christ.

2 Likes

How do YOU eat them?

First a little foreplay. A few whispers of sweet nothings. Then suck like a golf ball through a garden hose.

I don’t eat chicken feet though

5 Likes

Solution: Boneless Chicken Feet.

If you’re Web based.

1 Like

How do they do that?

1 Like

Personally, I prefer my paws and webs with bones. You can buy packaged chicken/duck feet in some Asian markets. Many pictures on Google for bone it yourselfers. I suspect the mass volume products are mechanically separated.

Following pics from internet.

1 Like

The dipping sauce looks good. :wink:

:confounded: Who started this conversation?

1 Like