Cassia - Santa Monica

Spicy minced duck dan dan noodles is my jam there…

3 Likes

The charcuterie platter was great, too, but …

huh - i had somehow never considered the kaya toast as a dessert… it’s always been a natural companion to the pig tail…
i feel like it probably wouldn’t be fully satisfying as a dessert unless you ordered maybe 3 orders of it…

1 Like

+1 on bread with meatballs.

2 Likes

I just read reviews that said they ordered it as a dessert… I remember it being delicious but very filling so not sure if I order it initially I’ll be too full.

Which would be the better order for a vegetable? Their Vietnamese Caesar salad or the Water Spinach?

And do you know if they would substitute the Charcuterie Fried Rice in with the Beef Rendang instead of the Jasmine rice? I would guess unlikely since the Fried rice is already $27

Just order the charcuterie rice separately and top it if you want. I wouldn’t combine the flavors, but different strokes…

3 Likes

Cherries :cherries: are out of season.

I’m sure they’d be glad to substitute it for $27.

1 Like

Hmm, I’d probably just try it with the jasmine rice otherwise the dish comes out to $68!

They ran out of the Pigs tail again!!! I should check next time :frowning:

Still a nice meal, but I would not go back unless I know for sure it’s in stock

Just received the following update from Cassia:

"We wanted to share some exciting news with you, as the beginning of the year is always a time for reflection and change. We are making a big and truly delicious culinary shift at Cassia on February 22nd, so these next few weeks are a chance to try some “classic dishes” before they leave the menu.

Since opening in 2015 to critical acclaim, our cuisine has showcased a blend of Chef Bryant Ng’s Chinese-Singaporean background and his wife and fellow Co-Owner Kim Luu-Ng’s Vietnamese heritage, with a sprinkle of French brasserie influences peppered in. Over the past year, Bryant has been reflecting on his family’s colorful history of running restaurants in Los Angeles—from his grandparents’ Polynesian-Cantonese spot during the 1950s Tiki craze to his parents’ Chinese strip mall restaurant in the 1980s—and how he can integrate even more of those bold, Chinese and Singaporean flavors into Cassia. To date, our menu has primarily leaned Vietnamese. While those influences will still be delightfully present (because we love and honor Kim), we’re “flipping the script” so Bryant can delve deeper into his own roots. For those of who you frequented Bryant and Kim’s first restaurant, The Spice Table, this approach will strike some fond memories.

Over the past few weeks, Bryant and the team have been researching and developing a whole new menu, some of which we’re previewing around Valentine’s Day (February 13-17). Before we make way for Wok-Tossed Lobster and Hainanese Chicken Confit on February 22, stop in to get your last taste of Spicy Wontons, Fried Cauliflower, Cold Sesame Noodles, Charred Spicy Lamb Breast, Vietnamese Caesar Salad (recently praised by the [Los Angeles Times]"

12 Likes

Look forward to new dishes.

2 Likes