Catch LA Restaraunt

Was able to get an early reservation Thursday at Catch. Would have to say it is one of the coolest venues in town. Huge rooftop patio with a retractable roof. Really spectacular. Lots of people looking to be looked at. Quite the scene. Two of us split the $100 seafood tower. It was very good and loaded with oysters, mussels, crab, shrimp, cheviche and more. Reminded me of a tower I had a few years back at hungry cat. Which is to say, very good. We also shared the short rib tacos, which were tasty and the octopus which was just ok. All in all it was a fun experience (good if not generous drinks) and a very good place to take someone visiting LA (my friend was in from SF). A bit over the top to be a regular rotation place for me, but a unique addition to the LA dining scene.

3 Likes

Sorry if this comes across as snarky, I’m actually just curious though, what did your friend from SF think? It almost feels a bit funny, as typically you imagine people from SF taking their friends to bountiful seafood spots of Swan Oyster Depot when they’re in town. I wouldn’t have figured an SF’er would want something that seems like more of the same on a short visit, but it would be interesting to know how they thought it compared to SF seafood haha

Also, you’re saying it’s unique because of the vibes and views, right?

Funny you should ask. He is down here quite a bit and I have him hooked on Dan Tana’s. He liked it and was blown away by the room which is really spectacular. He did complain repeatedly that he wanted to go to Tana’s (we did have a drink there), but I had eaten there three times in a very short span of time and as much as I love it, could not do a fourth.

Quite unexpected.

Is this the new hot spot to take selfies at?

Indeed so. For this week, at least…

Selfie-sticks are now de rigueur table settings.