Catering ~40

I’m planning a 30-40 person birthday party in October. Birthday girl likes Italian, paella and all around LA foodie. Any favorite caterers you all like? I have not hired carterers before, so would love some input from this lovely board. You guys always steer me right. Does Animals guys still do catering?

Bonus if you got a bartender too

Roger from Savory Roads catered our paella FTC meetup. Highly recommended.

3 Likes

Bartender: Events – Matthew Biancaniello

Not sure what his pricing is, won’t be on the low end. Great cocktails using seasonal ingredients. Formerly Cocktail Maestro Matthew Biancaniello Debuts Full-Service Omakase in Malibu - Eater LA

Now he’s doing similar tasting menu + cocktail pairing out of his home. So he could potentially take a crack at pairing cocktails with whatever your caterer is preparing if you want to go that route.

2 Likes

Was that Malibu omakase spot the place that burned down like right after opening?

Paella’s a great choice for a catered party. Cooking is festive and if the caterer’s good every portion will have soccarat.

Yes, part of the Woolsey Fire - Wikipedia if I recall correctly

1 Like

Thanks yeah that place looked great I was hoping to make it there

Sorry for derail

Thanks to @T3t Mr. Bartender was used at a party I was a guest at.
They brought the bar, glasses, specialty syrups, and bartender. They gave a shopping list for the hosts to buy and took care of the party. There might a slight discount if you select the seasonal menu.

2 Likes

If you need churros, I highly recommend Heavenly Gourmet Churros

I met Noe as a street vendor close to my house. His churros are perfect. Super crisp exterior and custardy luscious center. Right balance of cinnamon & sugar. He also makes his own fresh strawberry compote…offers more than a handful of sauces and toppings.

He catered at my house recently and booked 3 other jobs while he was here. Service is about 2 hours long and he arrives 30-60 minutes prior in order to set up.

11 Likes

Does anyone have a recommendation for a taco caterer in the $9-$10 per person range? Looking to cater about 50-60 people

Do you recall how his pricing is to cater?

I don’t have his most recent rates. But parties of 30 for 2 hours of service, at the time, were $350 not inclusive of tip.

Ice cream is extra. But the standard topping bar is included.

2 Likes