Chandavkl (on LA Weekly): "Good Chinese Food Finally Comes to the Westside, Thanks to UCLA Students"

When presented with that dish, American bred Mrs. Chandavkl washes off the mayo in her teacup.

Exactly my point. Seems like people from China like mayo way more than most Americans. Maybe they think we just donā€™t serve it with the right things.

iā€™d suggest that the japanese use mayonnaise in an even more prolific mannerā€¦

2 Likes

Chinese potato salad bread is one of the finest carb-on-carb inventions ever made.

#ChineseFoodRocks

2 Likes

doesnā€™t seem all that different from the sandwiches the grilled cheese truck was selling including mashed potatoes in the filling - along with a thin layer of hormel chili.

You know way more open-minded Chinese tourists than do I. :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™ll never forget the sight of a group of Chinese tourists filing back onto the bus having just eaten at the Taco Bell on San Gabriel Blvd.

2 Likes

with just the one small bathroom at the back of the bus

1 Like

A horrible situation to be in upon discovering oneā€™s lactose intolerance.

1 Like

And strongly discourage the riders to use it.::slight_smile:

Iā€™ll never forget the day when I was in the 9th grade and had a few more servings of chocolate milk than I usually do andā€¦

Oh, wait a minute. Writing aloudā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

and a very hot day and the A/C not workingā€¦

2 Likes

So of the listed placesā€“which is the best?

Other than Taco Bell? I used to like Top Leaf, but havenā€™t been since the change to L. Kitchen.

Living just the other side of the cemetery from Westwood, i was pretty thrilled after first trying Northern Cafe then Qin Westā€¦nice to have solid noodles in the areaā€¦and I love Chubby Rice, just dont get there enough due to logistics(Hawthorne?). Love their Gen Tso, home made sauces and they added chow fun(sigh) to their menuā€¦i think iā€™ll go there for lunch tomorrowā€¦if theyre open