Cheesy, Savory, Delicious! Meat Lovers, Vegetarian and Vegan! A Pizza Journey - Superfine, Il Romanista, DeSano, Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn, Pizzeria Mozza, South End, L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Prime, Lupetti, Triple Beam and More! [Thoughts + Pics]

2 Likes

Where in SoCal?

The Thousand Oaks location I actually passed by. The others I found listed on the website. Wonder where the Sherman Oaks location will be (not surprised if it will be the mall.) But that means I can do a side by side with an Anthony pie lol

1 Like

SIGNED/COMING SOON

Burlingame
Chatworth
Folsom
Fremont
Livermore
Palo Alto
San Carlos
San Mateo
Santa Clarita
Sherman Oaks
Thousand Oaks
West Hills
3 Likes

It’s kinda scary to me when any restaurant/pizzeria expands like that

3 Likes

Pie Trap Pizza in Covina is pretty damn good NY pizza. Ordered a thin crust Supreme Clientele which is basically a deluxe pie. Loved everything about this pie, highly impressed with the execution. They just sold out of thick crust square slices as I arrived which looked excellent, I’ll be back to try those next along with more thin crust slices.

Pie Trap Pizza
720 East Arrow Hwy Suite A
Covina, CA 91722

7 Likes

Bianco lunch version. “Ny style” pies. I’m not an east coaster so I can’t vouch for authenticity but I’m pretty sure it’s not truly “ny style” but also who the fuck cares because it’s the best “ny style” pizza I’ve had in LA. Better than Danny boys, prime, pizza wagon, etc etc.

It’s crazy how LA went from pizza wasteland to maybe the best variety of pizza in the country in 10 years.

I’m not usually a plain cheese fan (except for margherita neopolitan style) but I could eat a whole pie of those!

12 Likes

Some pizzeria sei today. Sergio was not in the house but pizza was still :fire:

12 Likes

Finally had a chance to visit Danny Boys on Saturday! It’s super easy for us to get there via the train and then Angel’s Flight. On Saturday, there is a bit of a line on Angel’s flight, but it goes quick and it’s kinda neat to be around folks geeking out about it. I’m like… We are just here for Pizza…

And Pizza was had…

We so wanted to order more. But seeing how we had way too much Popcorn at Alamo… we mainly went with old favorites. The Mushroom (my favorite white pie right now) and the Meatball.

The crust here is still great. Such a nice fold!

Great crisp bubbles that are still sturdy even with a quick re-heat in the oven. The crust as always tastes great, but what makes Danny Boy’s stand out is the awesome sauce…

We also finally decided to give their garlic knot a try. It had the same wonderful crispy edge to it. The garlic flavor was mellow, but rich. It wasn’t like the Epic Milo and Olive, but was better than Joes and other places that just dretch dough balls in way too much garlic olive oil.

So fluffy too! One knot is $2 and comes with sauce to dip. Will be ordering one again with their wonderful salads.

9 Likes

I’ve been to his Pizza Rock in Vegas and I have to say, it was pretty good. We tried 2 different types…and while this was about 5 years ago and I can’t remember which exactly, I do remember being impressed.

2 Likes

Pizzeria Bianco

Never thought that I would get excited about pizza in California… but then I keep coming back here to order the same pie. I guess I like them more than I thought :heart_hands::sparkles: The piping hot and fresh slices tasted so much better than a cooled down togo one. Walk-in and always lucked out with seats after the dinner rush.

Also, venturing to Sei and quite enjoy the umami mochi touch on their dough.

Pizzeria Sei

LA is pretty fun :face_with_hand_over_mouth: crowded with many talents :sparkles:
Kick back, take a deep breath and realize how lucky this city is :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

20 Likes

2 Likes

I didn’t know there was a downtown Thousand Oaks. Where is this? Where the Lassen’s is across from Mastro’s?

Coming soon to 1710 Thousand Oaks Blvd, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
https://deninosthousandoaks.com/

1 Like

Superfine is opening in Playa Vista. Note on website, but no hard date. Saw signage up at the Runway.

5 Likes

Prime has a new vodka pizza - it is fantastic.

6 Likes

Is Denino’s a very famous NYC pizza joint?

Hyper regional ‘Staten Island’ style pizza aka thin cracker crust.

3 Likes

Wow hopefully they carry this at their soon to open el segundo location

1 Like

WHAT?! WHAT!!! Between this and Bootleg opening up in Mar Vista my diet is going to be 60% Pizza…

3 Likes