Cheesy, Savory, Delicious! Meat Lovers, Vegetarian and Vegan! A Pizza Journey - Superfine, Il Romanista, DeSano, Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn, Pizzeria Mozza, South End, L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Prime, Lupetti, Triple Beam and More! [Thoughts + Pics]

Was it really??? :rofl:

When was this deal available?? Never heard of it…

The Lamonica’s Sunday deal has been around for a loooong time but they’re not good at advertising it.

There’s also a Lamonica’s “2-for1” Monday special.

3 Likes

Was there a Lamonica’s in DTLA? i remember going to a NY slice place back in the late 90’s for lunch when i used to work down there.

Yes.

1 Like

I used to like Mario’s in that area. I think that was the name.

1 Like

Yes, Mario’s was on the corner and has since been replaced by CPK. My family would always take me to dinner there when they visited, back in my Bruin days.

Lamonica’s Sunday cheese pizza has gone up to $13, but it’s still a deal for an 18" pizza! That pizza deal is also available after 7p, Thurs-Sat.

2 Likes

La Morra will soon ship their frozen pizzas…

And bad news is these sell out quicker than Tickle Me Elmos on Black Friday circa 1996? (I think…)

Subscribe to their email thing

1 Like

How are their frozens?

And is the technology proprietary or something lol? Seen glimpses on their insta. What’s stopping others from bougiefying frozen pizza?

potentially losing money on stockpiles of bougiefied frozen pizza that nobody wants

I used to work in Westwood, a zillion years ago, a building on Glendon, on the same floor as Monty’s Steakhouse. (That’s another story… damn their bacon wrapped shrimp was good!!)

I LOVED Mario’s. Old school Italian and their pizza was one of the few I could find that used the spicy small pepperoni cups we cherish on FTC today.

1 Like

Now I remember why I didn’t eat Lamonica’s that often. I was an Enzo’s guy!

That was me. Catching up on this thread a little late - and I should clarify that was my first and only time at Pizza Wagon, so I can’t speak to consistency. But it sounds like I had a typical experience, so I think it’s just not really my thing.

1 Like

Headed to dtown pizza over the weekend. We got two orders the goomba (pepperoni and fennel pollen) and the classic cheese.

A very well done jazzed up version of a Detroit pan pizza ala jets etc. Each pizza was perfectly cooked and as each of the pizzas had four slices, every slice is a corner slice. Dough had great rise and chew. But they’re basically personal pan pizzas.

One thing to note is that it’s quite expensive. The cheese was 18 bucks and the pepperoni was 23 dollars. You’re basically 4-5 bucks plus per slice which is kinda high. I feel like we’ve reached peak pizza when to go restaurants can charge over 5 dollars for one slice of pizza that comes in pie form. That’s Apollonia prices or possibly higher with the sizes of the slices being much, much smaller.

So it’s hard to say whether I would recommend on the one hand it was very good and on the other it was quite pricy. If you got a hankering for Detroit pizza and are in weho you can definitely make the call.

6 Likes

Yep . I couldn’t imagine owning a pizzeria with thousands of dollars in rent due every 30 days on on top of all the other overhead. The cost of the pie probably keeps the owner barely above water at 20 bucks .

Yeah me either. Owning a restaurant is probably the worst business idea on the planet.

But alas some people love it, I try to support them where I can but sometimes unfortunately the wallet has to be taken into account.

7 Likes

South End is great pizza! and a well stocked wine bar all run by VPN pizza teacher, Mario Vollera!

3 Likes

Bonci pop up delivered to your house
https://www.montillameals.com/bonci-pizza-promo

$69 for 2 pizzas, salad for 2 and 2 cannolis. Pizza choices include
Spicy eggplant (vegan)
Margherita
Fried Onion
Sausage & Mushroom

2 Likes

an update kinda on Superfine…actually, I had dinner at Rosso Blu last night and I had a pizza…went with the pepperoni…it was very good, the pepperoni was plentiful and tasty, the crust thin and nicely charred but somehow, in spite of the relative thinness & char, it was soft…didnt quite understand how or why that was true, but there was no crunch at all…id probably give it an “8”…on the other hand we shared a great spicy, pasta chittara with octopus ragu, a tasty meatball app(3 small balls on a skewer), a light, thinly sliced eggplant app, a delicious toasty bread with 3 spreads and a delicious glass of red wine(I think a san giovese)…outdoors with heaters, waitstaff with face protection and generally a wonderful meal…I was tempted to try a slice at Superfine before dinner but decided that was too much…oh well, I’ll try it next time…

8 Likes

Agree - we went to Rossoblu Sat night and had a fantastic meal (Squashini with bread crumbs, Fritto Misto, Pork Short Ribs, Apennine fries). No pizza.

I think Rossoblu’s fries are the best in the city - crunch with rosemary, sage, and REALLY good balsamic .

The short ribs were a little short on meat but otherwise the meal was great.

6 Likes