Cheesy, Savory, Delicious! Meat Lovers, Vegetarian and Vegan! A Pizza Journey - Superfine, Il Romanista, DeSano, Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn, Pizzeria Mozza, South End, L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Prime, Lupetti, Triple Beam and More! [Thoughts + Pics]

its not…strange labeling

I shared a great grandma pie at West LA a couple months ago

1 Like

Has anybody been to Pie Life lately? When I used to work in Pasadena ~4-5 years ago this was a great slice of pizza.

1 Like

I had it about a year ago when I visited back home and I thought it was pretty damn good! Easily one of the better pizzas in the area. Maybe a littler under the radar due to not having a City of Los Angeles address

1 Like

End of the month??? This place isn’t too far from me. Will have to give it a try, if the lines aren’t too long.

The pizza scene in LA is just unreal. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is exciting. A block away from my office.

1 Like

Had this when last “home” in NYC pre-C, and it was darn good stuff.

1 Like

Serving Detroit-style pizza on a wire rack is a good sign. Keeps the crust crisp. Assuming it is crisp in the first place. I can’t find a photo of the bottom.

1 Like

I’m sure you all mentioned Prime Pizza in Santa Monica, I was thinking you all were speaking of the one on Santa Monica Blvd. It never computed that they opened a great location on Pico IN Santa Monica.

Driving home, on Pico and BOOM… like an oasis.

Pig out time:

1 pepperoni

2 squares. They haven’t figured out the cutting geometry yet. Hard to tell by the way I took the photo, but the one on the right is almost 1/2 the size as the one on the left.

Yes, please…

I like how each table is fully equipped to get the job done.

6 Likes

By the way I forgot to mention, the squares were definitely Way too charred, like someone trying to reheat them in a fireplace. Burnt. Cinder.

Never eaten at the downtown location but I’ve had all the other locations multiple times except once at this new location. I stand by my statement that the location in Burbank slings the best pies.

3 Likes

The Prime Pizza SM Pico location is where I got my Prime Day pie (after a 90 minute wait).

I still like Joe’s on Broadway (also SM) better.

3 Likes

Aside from the charcoal briquette (square slices) The pepperoni slice was seriously inferior to that which you get at the Burbank location.

It was thicker and dryer. Not great. This Pico location has some kinks to work out.

3 Likes

Does anyone know the deal at quarter sheets? Do I have to pre order pies only on tock or can I show up at opening and order off their menu?

the latter

1 Like

They musta read my email lol. For quarter sheet enthusiasts.

2 Likes

Wow! im in Heaven…the Giants won on a walk off homer and I just got back from Pizza Wagon…I hadn’t been there in a while and was hoping for the best…Anthony delivered! 2 reheats(that became 3) one pepperoni and one pesto…I had been disappointed twice in the last month by two highly praised pizzerias bc the crust was limp as…
the crust on both of these were perfect…thin and it didn’t crack when folded but it had just the right crunch…I’ll be going back soon!

8 Likes

Has anybody been to Little Coyote lately? We might head over Saturday. It’s Pokemon community day and my kids want to go along the coast. Any feedback on pizza quality and wait times in the 5/6pm range would be appreciated. Would likely hit the newer branch with more seating.

3 Likes

grabbed a whole pie on the way to an angels game. delicious

8 Likes

Last time I had little coyote it was very good. Maybe not top echelon LA but tasty and also reheats very well.

You can order online via their website (through toast).

https://www.littlecoyotelbc.com/menu

Click the order buttons below menu for the location you want.

I would recommend that since last time I went there was a huge wait to order/receive and I got to skip the line and just grab my food.

5 Likes