Cheesy, Savory, Delicious! Meat Lovers, Vegetarian and Vegan! A Pizza Journey - Superfine, Il Romanista, DeSano, Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn, Pizzeria Mozza, South End, L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Prime, Lupetti, Triple Beam and More! [Thoughts + Pics]

Someone try Ameci Pizza in Leimert Park and report back please.

Putting in my order tomorrow

4 Likes

Folks Pizzeria in Costa Mesa is delicious. As good or better than Mozza.

11 Likes

Delete

YAYAYAAYAYAYAY!!!

Danny Boys will now be open on Saturdays starting 10/1. I can’t wait to get my Pizza fix on the weekends. FINALLY.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiqxRFhpu96/

If you don’t take the Metro into DTLA, here are the instructions on how to park there with validation.

https://www.dannyboysfamousoriginalpizza.com/visit

I also tend to park at GCM and then take the Angel’s flight up because then it gives me a reason to come back down again and get another slice at Fat and Flour. :wink:

11 Likes

Fuck! I TOTALLY forgot about this!!!

Picked up a margherita pizza w/extra basil and meatballs from Folks yesterday. Fantastic crust on the pizza.

3 Likes

That’s such a SMART idea!

Pie and then more pie!

better? I won’t believe that!

only one way to find out

2 Likes

For those interested…

3 Likes

anybody ever try other Amici’s? I have a vague memory of trying the one in Encino…it was ok but nothing to be excited about…I would go with Delicious Pizza on Adams if Im eating pizza in south LA-ish area

I tried Lamonnica’s a few times since moving to LA in early 90s…best I could say for Lamonnica’s is that at 10pm it was a greasy pleasure…

Delicious Pizza is okay… My favorite pizza in So. L.A. is Mike’s in Ladera. The crust is nothing to write home about, but Mike makes his own sauce and itsn’t chintzy with the toppings on his slices. I like his Grandma pies especially…

https://www.yelp.com/biz/mikes-new-york-pizzeria-los-angeles

I have yet to try the Pizza at Schellz. Or the pizza new commer Vicki’s All Day. We have had dinner at Vickis and it was wonderful. The Laffa bread we had their Shaksouka was amazing. So I am eager to their pizzas.

2 Likes

Casa bianca an old school Italian American place located in eagle rock.

Known for their eggplant Parmesan and sausage.

I got half eggplant parm sausage and half pineapple sausage.

If you’re going for a new age style this is not the spot. But very tasty in a greasy old school sorta way. Cracker crust which I think likely would be categorized as a tavern style pie.

I heard their arrancini on weekends are legit too but didn’t get a chance to try.

4 Likes

for me, it’s all about the crust

Anyone know anything about this place, Slice House by Tony Gemignani, that seems to be opening locations all over the city (actually looks like the valley: Chatsworth, West Hills, Sherman Oaks) and Thousand Oaks.

Looks like they originate from San Francisco.

2 Likes

The one I went to in Walnut Creek was OK but not memorable or anyplace I’m in a hurry to go back to. Master of none.

Gemignani got his start in Fremont.

1 Like

I figured. When I see “sports arenas” I think one step below airports and many locations are in arena/stadia including Levi.

Franchising the crap out of it. Like 12 new locations coming soon.

1 Like