Chef Akira's New Azay Status?

Anyone have an update on Chef Akira’s new place Azay in Little Tokyo?
It was supposed to have opened in late March.

Thanks!

SAM

Are you related to @secretasianman?

No, I’m related to this guy since 2008.

https://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=zTXLrkFzpBmZ3OwCwutEtQ

interesting. how many SAM’s have been to cleveland OH? i grew up in lakewood. was at bo loong last august for my dad’s 95th birthday.

That’s fantastic, Barry!
My grandmother lived on Edgewater Drive!

Last month we were at Wonton Gourmet and BBQ, on Payne, which I think is pretty close to Bo Loong!

Isn’t that amazing?

So does anyone actually know about the restaurant??

Battle of the Secret Asian men !

2 Likes

Quien es mas secreto?!

4 Likes

I am very tempted to make a new account as SecretAznMan just to join in this momentous occasion of the meeting of Secret Asian Mans.

Since I’ll be the Secret Azn Man I’ll review Vietnamese Coffeeshops, late night cafes, and tattoo parlors

7 Likes

That sounds excellent. We will have to work out the details of your costume! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

it’s like the line from richard pryor’s monologue about shooting the movie at arizona state penitentiary where the inmates are 95% black": “… why is that strange? because there are no black people in arizona!”

1 Like

don’t forget filipino food.

Chef Akira is doing this tasting ahead of opening his new restaurant: A French Fare Demonstration and Tasting

3 Likes

Welcome to FTC! Thanks for the heads up. Dammit, I already have a resy for dinner in OC that day. =/

Welcome to FTC! This is fast becoming a Secret Asian Invasion! :smiley:

5 Likes

@secretasianman are you cloning yourself?! :joy:

1 Like

Nope. I can vouch for him. He is an Ann Arbor man.

2 Likes

we never stop cloning around.

3 Likes

OMG. that’s a block away from where i went to franklin elementary school.

someone else understands what it’s like to be asian in ne ohio. that tribe probably numbers in the 100’s worldwide.

2 Likes

i see via yelp you went to mia bella earlier this year. is presti’s still there in little italy? i loved their sub sandwiches and pepperoni bread.

plus you’re pasadena centric as well. how have we never met?