Chef's Counter at Napa Rose

Clearly too much wine leads to @Nemroz pricing

4 Likes

Morning coffee should be had before answering questions. Big difference. Will correct. Thanks, my friend.

4 Likes

Call the Napa Rose # (714-300-7170) at 12:00AM on the dot on the 1st of the month and leave a message telling them you wanna make a reservation for the chef’s counter and they’ll call you back in a couple of days asking you which date you wanna go.

It’s only available on weekends for now because of staff shortage. Reservations open 3 months ahead IIRC…so you’re looking at a reservation for August if you call May 1st because the May, June, and July are probably already filled.

Seats 1-4 are in front of the appetizer section. 5-8 is the entree section where we sat. 9-12 is in front of the dessert section…the lease desirable seatings.

While I still think Napa Rose is a good deal and a very fun dinner, I just wanna say that their food isn’t very adventurous so it’s the perfect place to get someone up to speed with more exotic and refined tasting menu like Kato and Manzke. It’s also a very interactive dinner where you get to talk to the cooks and EC a lot.

9 Likes

The pricing on the regular menu is very high I think. Like 50s for an entree so I would stick with the chef’s counter.

2 Likes

I think you made the resy 1/1?

Gahh…you’re right, my friend.

Corrected my initial post.

1 Like

paging @lafoodie

2 Likes

did they print those menus a la minute after you told them your preferences? how did you know to ask about the scallop dish? can i tell them i like eggs from blue footed boobies and they’ll make it for me?

2 Likes

Lotsa correcting on a Monday morning. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously, hubs & I are not frequent tasting menu diners and we didn’t have a problem with the cost for how satiated we were. Paraphrasing @moonboy403, who made a good point by noting that being Disney they hardly rely on profits from a chef’s table and he wouldn’t be surprised if they actually lose money on it.

2 Likes

No, I don’t think so. The first menu is mine and my scallops aren’t on it.

Yes.

1 Like

I don’t think both of you got the same scallop course. You had smiling tiger and scallop.

1 Like

I think they do depending on what you ask for. Only a few items are fixed like the amuse bouche, palate cleanser, and cheese course. Even then, I asked them to give me something else instead of the cheese course…that’s how I got a NY steak crudo after my our steak course :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Did you guys get a churro?

Did you guys get a corn dog?

Did you ride Space Mountain/Haunted/Pirates/Big Thunder/Matterhorn?

6 Likes

Yes, Chef Andrew added the scallop. I got a bonus! :blush:

3 Likes

The petite Mrs @moonboy403 got a churro! No corn dog.

No rides, but @moonboy403 did buy an adorable remote controlled R2-D2 that scared the heck out of his cat.

7 Likes

Been to Disney twice in the last month. The churro, corn dog, pickle and dole whip are still all great. You have to order online and pick a time slot for many items. The pretzels at PYM Tasting Lab in CA Adventure are huge and come with mustard and cheese sauce. Way better than the pretzels elsewhere at the park. All for the low price of $14.

The old rides at Disneyland are awful. Sorry just telling the truth. They are old, rickety, not fun and hurt my back/neck. The best rides are Cars, Avengers, Star Wars rides and the new shooting games.

11 Likes

Okay, I see what you’re saying. I think you’re right! In our satiated tipsy-ness we forgot hubs’ menu, so I can’t say. Bottom line, folks? It was a generous amount of food! :blush:

4 Likes

And this:

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2)

ezgif.com-gif-maker (3)

ezgif.com-gif-maker (5)

9 Likes

Yes! That one made your wife question your sobriety! :smile:

7 Likes

From seeing it on @moonboy403’s OP. They no longer offered that particular dish but they did a scallop dish just for us… I think.

2 Likes