Chi SPACCA

That’s what i concluded as well

I’m happy for you. You’re gonna’ love it.

Great, I’ll get it next time.

Wow impressive, nothing like some good head, tongue and cheek for dinner.

Those carabineros with spaghetti were one of the best things I’ve ever had at osteria mozza.

No duck or dessert?

1 Like

Now that you mention it it was a trifecta. Are you happy now?

Hah, you and probably @Chowseeker1999 noticed the no duck and no dessert order, huh? Not this time. :frowning: But a plate of spaghetti with more of those carabineros sounds great!

2 Likes

Had another great dinner at chi spacca. I’m impressed how consistently consistent the small kitchen executes the large menu here.

spacca caesar - cauliflower, escarole, anchovy
I was watching them make this and each leaf was individually dressed so perfectly it’ll be on the cover of next month’s vanity fair. Top three caesar salads I’ve ever had. (@Bookwich, @attran99).

whole roasted “naked” squab - oven-roasted, sea salt
Crispy skin and soft, tender, juicy meat with a slight bit of gamy funk.

pigeon

pigeoff

Gotcha

grilled hearts of palm
Palm tree offal. Crispy and mildly nutty. Delicious.

pollo alla diavola su crostone - pane rustique, onions, lemon
Wow, highlight of the night. Great flavor throughout the juicy, moist meat. And those onions and bread at the bottom soaking up all the chicken juice was brilliant. Thanks for the rec @Chowseeker1999. @TheCookie this has your name all over it.

toasted milk and malt gelato

9 Likes

Tim Burton should hire you.

I know, right?!! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I want that salad now! It looks amazing!

2 Likes

I had another splendid meal here but some of the highly seasoned dishes are borderlining on being too salty.

I made sure that my menu’s pricing is the same as my fiancée’s this time…

Trotter Fritti - Highlight

The thin panko crust is fried perfectly while its interior is rich with a superbly unctuous texture.

Veal Tongue | oregano vinaigrette

Soft, tender, mildly beefy and packed with intense oregano fragrance. I love it.

Focaccia di Recco | stracchino, olive oil - Highlight

The contrast between the thin and crispy crust and the chewy but mildly flavored stracchino is superb.

Spacca Caesar | cauliflower, escarole, anchovy

The complexity of this highly seasoned salad is great. I really appreciate the bursts of saltiness and freshness from the bits of anchovy scattered throughout the caesar and citrus zests.

Grilled Octopus | pureed and fried chickpeas
The smokiness from the charred but extremely tender octopus is all that’s needed to win me over.

Dry Aged Duck | balsamic glaze, forbidden rice - Highlight

Similar to Eleven Madison Park’s duck prep, the Chi Spacca’s version is one of the best I’ve had anywhere but it borderlines on being too rare especially for the dark meat. The balsamic glaze creates a sweet lacquered finish on the skin while the toasted spices on top gives off fragrance and crunchiness.

The side of forbidden rice is a touch too bland and toothy for my taste with chunks of roasted duck and chopped leeks(?) scattered throughout.

Beef & Bone Marrow Pie | beef cheek, cippolini, funghi, mashed potato
No need for introduction on this one. @CiaoBob You had a chance to try this with non-wimpy dining partners yet? :wink:

4 Likes

You and your fiancee put all this food down?

Game birds? Thank you! I thought Chi Spacca was just beefy/porky meat. I’m in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We brought in 2 hire guns. If it was just the two of us, we probably couldn’t have finished the meat pie.

1 Like

I’m available for hire with 2-4 hours advanced notice.

3 Likes

Nope
Passed last visit, again, :frowning:

man, i haven’t been in a while. Great Pics and Review!

i think it’s time for me to go back with a few meat eaters.

1 Like

girl told me to book kali for next month but all i want to do is book spacca again. i’d just say no reservations available for kali. tell me it’s ok, guys.

2 Likes

It’s OK.

(But if she has internet access, OpenTable says Kali is wide open next month, and then you’d be busted.)

1 Like

It’s okay. It’s what’s best for everybody…including your girl.

1 Like

we like Kali tho

But I know that you know that we both know that you like Chi Spacca much better.

1 Like