Chi SPACCA

right, i remember now.

1 Like

Really excited about the book coming out. Instant buy or me and I neeeeever buy recipe books. This maybe the first one i buy for me as opposed to sa gift for others.

download

4 Likes

I wonder if she’ll do an event at Now Serving. I saw her there randomly on her first visit a month so ago

1 Like

I love, love the Mozza cookbook, and I hate clutter, so I rarely buy real books. Thanks for the heads-up. It’s on my wish list.

1 Like

Restaurant workers who have been laid off or who have seen a significant reduction in hours and/or pay as a result of the coronavirus pandemic will be eligible for free meals and essential supplies at Nancy Silverton’s Chi Spacca starting Thursday.

The relief is possible thanks to a $50,000 grant from Maker’s Mark and the Lee Initiative, a Louisville, Ky.-based program founded by chef Ed Lee that is working on delivering similar grants to several restaurants across the country as the effects of the pandemic continue to wreak havoc on the hospitality industry.

15 Likes

I wanna’ be Nancy Silverton when I grow up.

6 Likes

Back in the game
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_5Zj1qnqNn/

https://mozza2go.com/menu/

2 Likes

Brb getting a fiorintina to go LOL, Pananis looking very appealing g

they used to have the Italian sub on the M2Go menu and it was very good.

Pie is back at Mozza to go!

8 Likes

So much love for Nancy and Michael jan

15 Likes

Very classy response. Let’s hope other people read this.

4 Likes

Much love to Nancy and the whole Mozzaplex. Remember she also lost all her savings in the Bernie Madoff scandal. One of the businesses I will always support.

6 Likes

He’s been writing about this shit for a while.

wow. nice pull

not everyone agrees

You remember the pandemic, right? That Wuhan, China, bat thing?

Twice, though, it looked like the cavalry had arrived. Around 11 p.m. and later at 11:30 or so, 10 LAPD cruisers approached, sirens on. “Police!” the looters shouted and scatted like roaches.

1 Like

I’ll admit I was a bit startled by that first line when I first read the article. At the same time, I’m not going to be too harsh w/ her. The woman had to step away from her restaurant when she contracted COVID-19 and then watched the same restaurant burn to the ground, what, a few wks later?

It’s an op-ed. She is trying to keep the focus on the larger injustice that led to the destruction.

I’d love to know how perfect the people “calling her out” would be, in the face of such loss.

There’s much more I’d like to say, but I will refrain.

All JMO. ::shrug::

13 Likes

Pshhh. Us libs can be too annoying. No issue for me

6 Likes

Those phrases made me feel funny when I read them. Even if the ‘Wuhan bat thing’ was tongue-in-cheek words matter. Like a lot of folks who haven’t experienced racism firsthand they can’t completely understand and were careless. But, I gave them a pass. They’ve been thru a lot and done a lot. No matter how gracious they’re being in public they’re spent - exhausted, stressed and bound to have a side of bitterness (unconscious or otherwise). But they tried to bring the focus back to what it should be - the protest of George Floyd and other black men and women carelessly murdered by police. IMO the LAT should’ve edited the piece or at least advised, like they would any staff writer who represents the paper… op-ed or no op-ed.

4 Likes

nancy apologizes

2 Likes