Chi SPACCA

That reminds me: Happy Year of the Pig!

3 Likes

Hi @moonboy403,

Nice report. :slight_smile: But where’s the rest of your meal?! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: (No 50oz Steak or 48oz Pork Chop???) :slight_smile:

Thanks! I’m a glutton but I haven’t reached PorkBelly god status yet!

1 Like

Chi Spacca is probably the best restaurant pound for pound in LA imo

2 Likes

It’s definitely one of the better loved joints on FTC. That marrow pie looks insane!!!

fyi, the pork chop is pretty spectacular too.

Yep. There’s a reason we’ve gone there so many times in last 3 years. I like everything about it!

Okay, we’re finally going. It will be just the 2 of us. Are all of the items in the “Macelleria” (butcher shop) for sharing? Everything seems to be Flintstone sized.

P.S. We’re not choosing it over Republique @PorkyBelly. We received a holiday gift card. :wink:

3 Likes

check out my visits. i think i documented 3 different orders without the pork chop/ fiorentina / the pie. there’s loads to get there. lamb is a smaller format dish. .if they have the lamb sausage or veal tongues they cant be missed… and the foca

2 Likes

Okay, I’m reading the whole thread. This is a tough one for me (not my carnivorous husband). I won’t get into my tree hugging issues when it comes to eating certain animals. I want him to enjoy his meat, but they’re certain things I’m not willing to eat. I haven’t yet eliminated beef (working on it), so the thing to do would be to get that ginormous Bistecca, but there are so many other things I want to try - namely the Beef Cheek & Bone Marrow Pie.

Anyway, just ruminating… nobody can settle this for me. My sister calls this “first world problems”.

Leftovers make excellent luxe taco filings

2 Likes

Then there’s that. I won’t have to cook the next day!

1 Like

That pie is crazy. It’s amazing but you can only eat maybe 1 more thing.

happy cake day. buy 1 bottle bring 1 bottle no corkage… that’s the only way to get the cost down a bit.

2 Likes

There’s NO way two people can finish the Bistecca. We had a hard time finishing the pie and we only ordered like 5 things!

1 Like

Okay, problem solved. I read the thread and was tempted to scrap the whole thing and go to Osteria Mozza… Again! No way we could eat all we want on this menu just the two of us. Soooo… I sent some pics to my young nephew and his baller friends to try and rope them in…hehehe. It worked!

2 Likes

i haven’t tried it yet but i think you need to order the chicken… and the beef and bone marrow pie, and the duck, and the veal tongue

1 Like

I love the duck, the grilled octopus and the spiny lobster at Chi Spacca. Don’t know how much longer it will be on the menu but the scrambled eggs with white truffles are insanely good. If you order the spiny lobster, order some bread to sop up the sauce as you won’t want to waste an ounce of that sauce – it’s that good.

5 Likes

The Caesar also look ridiculously good. We sat at the counter and watched the garde manger make close to a million of em. I really should’ve ordered it even though I wouldn’t have been able to finish…

1 Like

How’s the spiny lobster prepared?
I’m goin this week. Never heard of it.

I believe it’s the California spiny lobster that you get in Baja.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsRwkCuFDrE/

2 Likes

The Caesar is ridiculously good. Everyone I have taken says it is the best salad they have ever had.

1 Like