Chifa Eagle Rock

Thanks Eater @matthewkang for this! The food and concept sounds great! Po Po recipes, Peruvian classics, and HAND PULLED milk tea and lemon tea @moonboy403

I am on the East Coast atm but I would be all over this! I am sitting here eating Dunkin for breakfast and Wawa sandwiches. Enjoy for me!

10 Likes

fify

4 Likes

actually credit goes to Cathy Chaplin, who wrote a great story on the place.

3 Likes

Thank you for linking, though.

1 Like

Lol, I’m def not in business of breaking restaurant news and openings like eater

2 Likes
2 Likes

woof that’s a pretty steep pricepoint for takeout. curious to hear some reports.

5 Likes

Fascinating location too. About a fifteen minute walk from the hip part of York in HLP, but it seems like they are banking on this being a destination spot of sorts. Wonder what parking is like.

Really curious too. Kogi truck parked there regularly and had long lines. Lots of traffic and decent residential nearby. Maybe a little out of the average price range for Oxy students though…

Cojones of steel on anyone willing to open a new restaurant in a time like this. If their food is good, then I wish them ridiculous success.

4 Likes

Eagle Rock is kind of a tough neighborhood too and that stretch is so dead, it will def have to be a destination restaurant.

1 Like

Omg… I love this menu. Hope it’s delicious.

2 Likes

Love all the vegan options; thinking @hanhgry and spouse should do a OOE (at least the veg) report. :grin:

4 Likes

Haha thanks for the tag! I’m excited to try this, and the graphic designer in me is loving the look of this restaurant (even though we won’t be dining in any time soon). I’ll see if I can convince the husband to do a veg OOE!

5 Likes

we need a char siu report @moonboy403

I’m waiting for you? :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Comprehensive
Hong Kong-style
Aficionado
Report -
State
Of the
Union

= CHAR SOU

4 Likes

is it me or is it weird they don’t have any pictures of their food on their ig? yelp reviews are all over the place, “bland”, “packed tons of flavor”, “flavorless”, “flavorful”, “too salty”, “more salt”, “small portions”, “overpriced”, “incredibly rude”, “nice and friendly”. I’m going to hold off for now.

https://www.instagram.com/chifa_la/?hl=en

https://www.yelp.com/biz/chifa-los-angeles?osq=chifa&sort_by=date_desc

5 Likes

lots of press focusing on the style