Chili Crisp Recommendations

One of the few bits of good news to come out during 2020!

I tried some Boon. Excellent.

1 Like

Now Serving carries Boon Sauce and it’s good—also very very spicy (to me :sweat_smile: )

3 Likes

Me too. I now have enough hot stuff in my fridge and cabinets to blow up a house. :fire:

1 Like

Ordered 2 things of Boon Sauce can’t wait to try it!!!

1 Like

Boon is great stuff. A little goes a long way, it’s way spicier than Lao Gan Ma.

1 Like

I’ll really enjoying this and prefer it over boon. love the crunchy onions and shallots. and pairs surprisingly well with be happy’s chestnut pecan praline.

12 Likes

I haven’t had Boons but the Momofuku chili crisp is the best version I’ve had as well. I’m the cheapo who bought 5 jars to get free shipping. I have 3 left after giving away a few as Xmas presents.

My wife yells at me to make sure I mix it well before every use. The first bottle we had ended up being salty and dry at the bottom half inch.

7 Likes

I’m liking this as well

4 Likes

@JeetKuneBao Fly By Jing chili crisp is on sale today. I haven’t had this brand but many people have vouched for it.

1 Like

Despite the banner at the top saying $100, Momofuku’s prices are all 20% off it looks like free shipping kicks in at $50.

IMO Momofuku > Boon > Fly By Jing

Boon > Lao Gan Ma > Fly By Jing

Lao Gan Ma >>>>>>>>>> all the new fangled brands.

Sorry, I just really love LGM. Carry on.

2 Likes

Lao Gan Ma is great, a great value, and I always have an extra jar or two in the pantry, but to my taste it could use more garlic, chile, and mala.

1 Like

I can agree with that.

Momofuku has a slight sweetness which I find just a bit off putting. Also, I’m still using the first of the 3 jars I bought, but it’s not very spicy. Still, it’s not bad, but I prefer LGM. Haven’t tried the others.

1 Like

What I like about Momofuku is their tinge of Mexican element to it. It’s not strictly Chinese. David Chang is brilliant in fusion in a subtle way. Kinda why I like Majordomo.

1 Like

I think it’s interesting that there’s no MSG in the Momofuku version, especially given what I’ve seen DC post/say about MSG on his various media.