Chinese New Year Dim Sum 2020

Hello all,

I think I already know the answer, but is Sea Harbour still likely to be the best dim sum in the 626 for 2020?

Come on down Chef Tony!

2 Likes

Hello? …Anybody? :pleading_face:

Well since Sea Harbour has been #1 for 18 years in a row, this isn’t exactly a controversial topic. Hopefully Vancouver’s Chef Tony will break that string when they open up in Pasadena, but who knows for sure?

Ohhh… I’ve been largely away from the boards since I moved down to SE L.A. County, so what’s the scoop on this?? Where in Pasadena, and is there an ETA for soft opening at this time?? Definitely would like to be aware of what to monitor so I can check it out promptly…

Thanks!

EDIT: I found this EaterLA article from August 2018; is anything even happening at this point?

A family member who had no idea what Chef Tony was indicated that the signage is up.

1 Like

Good to know! I googled again, and it doesn’t seem it will be opening this week, though…

Well, I had a great meal at Sea Harbour this morning with my Singaporean friend and her husband, much better than yesterday’s Dim Sum Disaster at 888 Seafood just down the street! :rofl:

We enjoyed the usual truffle siu mai, har gow, steamed BBQ pork bun, radish cake with assorted preserved meat, preserved sliced pork, egg tofu with abalone sauce, milk with egg white custard tart, jelley [sic] fish with GongCai, steamed rice noodle with shrimp, and added the sauteed sea cucumber with mixed mushroom, steamed lava salty egg yolk bun with gold leaf and shrimp dumpling with gold leaf to celebrate the auspicious year ahead that our group is predicted to enjoy! :star_struck:

$50/pp after tip, and a little over 2 hours later we all had very full bellies. Huat ah! :partying_face:

2 Likes

FWIW, we had CNY dim sum at Capital Seafood in Beverly Hills, and it was fantastic (even though the place was mobbed). Seeing lots of all-Asian families patronizing a dim summery west of La Brea bodes well for their kitchen.

7 Likes

They are hiring! This job listing was posted 14 days ago…

https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?cmp=Chef-Tony&t=Dishwasher&jk=3fc6d4b24a86f7ac&q=Chef+Tony&vjs=3