Christmas Day - Buena Park

I thought New Moon was good. The dishes are what I would have categorized as Chinese food before moving to SoCal 20 years ago. A lot of nostalgia eating this type of food. I think its a good place for a big group to share a lot of dishes. I wouldn’t go out of my way but a solid place in the area. The worst part about this place is that they share a parking lot with Portos and that lot can be a disaster especially on weekends/holidays.
Wonton chips with duck sauce (only place I’ve had duck sauce in SoCal)
Egg rolls
BBQ pork spare ribs
Hot n Sour soup
Beef chow fun
Beef n brocoli
Kung pao chicken
Shrimp with glazed walnuts
They also had mooshu, egg fu yung and chop suey on the menu.

I have to ask if this is the same New Moon that was in downtown LA in the ‘70s and 80s? Their website shows a 9th St. location but that’s not exactly where I recall it being. :thinking:

I believe so.

http://voyagela.com/interview/meet-colin-tom-new-moon-restaurant-fashion-district/

We went to Earthen for lunch this year. The whole mall was packed to the gills (no surprise). Lines out the door for every restaurant. There was pretty much no parking in the entire strip when we finished around 1pm.

Went to Ranch 99 afterwards to buy the Lao Gan Ma hot chili oil but I think I bought the wrong one. It had peanuts and tofu and wasn’t very spicy or flavorful. Do they carry the chili crisp one at Ranch 99?

1 Like

Most Ralphs carry chili crisp and all the other Lao Gan Mas now.

1 Like