Clifton's Cafeteria Opening

oh I’ve seen the pics on Eater/Zagat, ad nausea. I mean like an actual cocktail, not just empty martini glasses.

So Wiener how was it ???

Did you try the fucking joint since it reponed just yet ???

The opening has been delayed. They are still not open to the public as of today 9/24/15. Their web site has no opening date it only says Opening Soon. Photos Wonho Frank Lee Clifton's Cafeteria Presented in Its Completed Glory - Eater LA

I’d never heard of Clifton’s until a few weeks ago when somebody on Facebook posted this link:

I’m not sure which is more mind-boggling, the history of the place or that guy bringing it back from ruins.

1 Like

Yeah, that story gave some good insights. I was so irritated at people who were ragging on the whole venture and the guy based on a few photos. Clifton’s was done and gone. This guy is putting his money where his mouth is to try and bring back a viable version that has the spirit of the original.

2 Likes

still not open…

Clifton’s just announced that they will open at 11am on Thursday, October 1, 2015 to the public

3 Likes

Wiener I’m presuming you’ll bd the first in what will be an extensive fucking line ???

She’s jonezing for jello.

Here’s the story on Eater L.A.
It’s Official: Clifton’s Cafeteria Opens to Public on October 1
http://la.eater.com/2015/9/28/9409665/cliftons-cafeteria-opening-october-1-thursday-news

1 Like

Hey, kids! Here’s a timely publication. Angel City Press - Clifton’s and Clifford Clinton

From Clifton’s
WHERE SHOULD YOU PARK WHEN VISITING CLIFTON’S ???

Clifton’s will offer valet parking Thurs - Sat, 5:30pm - 2am
Just adjacent to our front doors at 648 S. Broadway. ($10)

There is also plentiful, easily accessible parking within a one block radius of Clifton’s. Please note that this information is provided to make your visit as enjoyable as possible. Clifton’s is not affiliated with any of the following neighboring parking structures:

7th Broadway Parking Corporation
214 W 7th St
Los Angeles, CA 90014

ABM Parking Services
639 S Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90014

Paragon Parking
630 S Hill St
Los Angeles, CA 90014

Joe’s Auto Parks Parking
633 S. Spring
Los Angeles, CA 90014

Central Parking System
530 S Spring St
Los Angeles, CA 90013

Joe’s Auto Parks Parking
214 S Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90012

Los Angeles Garage Associates
545 S Main St
Los Angeles, CA 90013

Clifton’s will OPEN to the public on
Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 11am.
‪#‎thejellostays‬ ‪#‎cliftonsclassics‬

Hey it would be great if you at least gave photo credit to our man Wonho Frank Lee. If not I’m goign to have to ask the moderators to take these copyrighted photos down. Also link to Eater LA. Thanks!

2 Likes

Will do.

Discourse lets you link to photos on other sites, that’s a better option than downloading and uploading.

2 Likes

Look they kept the treasure chest! But it’s just a display you can’t really get a toy with a kids meal anymore…(photo from Clifton’s)

A Clifton’s benefit night review and a colorful tale about Mr. Clifton’s extracurricular activities. Journo tries to visit his mom at Clifton's soiree - LA Observed

U go yet?

Seems overwhelming with options and lines at first blush.

Cool looking joint tho with that tree

Eater LA, not LA Eater :slight_smile:

Are those two different food sites ???