Coffee Shop Recommendations

With an average cup of latte pushing close to $6 a cup, thought I’d start a list of proper coffee shops that produce a great shot (not over roasted/charred/burnt/bitter) & microfoam textured milk products.

Latest place I checked out - just a few hundred yards in the shadow of the Starbucks Reserve Roastery ‘wonderland’ lies a tiny unassuming spot Terremoto coffee. Lots of bean options available for pour over customization etc

Chelsea

1. Terremoto Coffee - 328 W 15th St

Flatiron

1. Cafe Vergnano (Eataly) - note I’ve only tried the espresso so far. Check out the gigantic cool Elektra Belle Epoque espresso machine. Pro-tip: Pickup a cannoli across the aisle to pair with your coffee.
1 Like

FWIW

Update

Chelsea

1. Terremoto Coffee - 328 W 15th St
  2. Ninth Street Espresso - Chelsea Market. As fresh as it gets, their roasting facility is located right behind the coffee stand.

Flatiron

1. Cafe Vergnano (Eataly) - note I’ve only tried the espresso so far. Check out the gigantic cool Elektra Belle Epoque espresso machine. Pro-tip: Pickup a cannoli across the aisle to pair with your coffee.
  2. Seven Grams Caffee - 76 Madison Avenue (@ 28th St)

NoMad

1. Felix Roasting Co. - go for the creative coffee concoctions and gorgeous space