Coffee shops that are open for business

Kumquat in Highland Park is open and wonderful

1 Like

Looks like Baloconi is open on the Olympic side of Sawtelle Japantown.

1 Like

Balconi is my favorite, and I hope they pull through this!

I stopped by Mugs coffee today. I drink coffee every day, and try to make it either at home, or at work. When I do buy it, I prefer to go anyone BUT Starbucks or Peet’s, so I’m always on the look out for convenient places I can grab a fast cup. Mugs is in Boyle Heights on 3rd, right by the Indiana station if that helps place it for anyone. I think it’s new, and replaced a churros, etc place that was royal purple and hot pink. Mugs is painted all black, and even after the business restrictions are lifted, is only set up to be to-go only.

I got a drip to go, and declined the pastries they had–doughnuts. Their website looks like they are also coffee roasters. Seems decent enough.

1 Like

Just stopped by to pick up emergency supplies

Picked up a lovely bag of coffee beans and a fantastic cortado from Kindness + Mischief the other day. It’s the friendliest coffee shop in the world, and I really hope they survive this mess. They’re accepting online orders or walk-up, and they have hand san at the register after every transaction.

They’ve also added flour, milk, and a couple other pantry items. I might buy a T-Shirt or a beanie.

1 Like

Espresso at Tilt was very good! Thanks for the recommendation. This was a happy spot.

Walking through DTLA, I noticed that Spring for Coffee (on Spring Street) is still open. That’s a good place.

Good to see customers at both these places!

Unfortunately, Go Get Em Tiger at Grand Central Market was not open. I did go to Go Get Em Tiger in Larchmont, which is open. (Sam’s Bagels a few doors down, as you would expect, is also open. I think they have the best bagels in LA.)

1 Like

Milo and Olive apparently has opened a takeaway window, though I haven’t been by since they did it.