Cold Tacos for Breakfast

When I make tacos, I make 3-6 extra tacos and topped them with my Crumbles (soy version that tastes just like ground beef when you gussy them up with shallots, garlic and Serrano chiles) with avocado, sharp cheddar cheese and sour cream with hot sauce…
I fry up the corn tortillas for the crunch factor…sometimes I throw in some flour tortillas.

Next morning, stomach grumbling for my kick ass cold tacos, gotta say, this rivals cold pizza anyday…
Who knew cold tacos could be so dang good…
Just want to crack open a cold Modelo to go with it… :beer:

Question----you make & dress the xtra tacos then throw them (whole–w/ tortilla) into the fridge? Then eat cold? or are you tossing cold leftover taco ingredients into a fresh tortilla in the morning?

nothing wrong w/ a beer along w/ your bfast (maybe not so much on a work day :wink: )

Mexican bruschetta?

1 Like

Aloha LAgirl…
I dress those bad boys up with the extra goodies while plating the ones for dinner and with the avo, I will squeeze a little lime so it doesn’t brown…I fry up my corn tortillas and place the soy crumbles, sharp cheese, red onion, avo, sour and super hot salsa…
Cover with alum foil with 3-6 tacos in the fridge and by 7-8am, I am so ready to down them and they are so friggin’ good.
Kind of like Italian food that sets up for a day and the flavors all come together…

I know it sounds weird and gross but I had to share since I don’t know many people that set aside tacos for the next day in the fridge…

In regards to the beer…why is it when your on vacation, you can grab a beer or a bloody in the morning and nobody blinks a wink but back from vacay and people are giving you Betty Ford’s Rehab direct line…ha ha ha

Are the tortillas soggy in the morning or do they end up chewy?

yeah, right? If it’s a Sunday and I don’t have plans for the day, I have no problem having a drink (or two) with b’fast. White wine/champagne is great w/ eggs, beer is great w/ chillaquilles or tamales and vodka is my favorite for bagels/lox!!

Exactly…
Now, I want to go up and party with you…
I’ve always wanted to go to Smog Cutters…ha ha ha…maybe Keven will chime in!

:cocktail: :beer: :tropical_drink:

1 Like

Not soggy at all but I do place them on a paper towel to absorb the oil from frying…