Corner Beef Noodle (El Monte)

Thanks for the report on this place! Definitely will keep it in mind for a future visit in the area.

I assume the XO sauce is made in house? It’s also available for sale by the jar.

From the Facebook page photos, a few things I want to try

• oolong tea smoked pig head skin (with some meat). Looks like a cold dish appetizer

• stinky tofu pot with lion head meatballs

• peanut soup

• Kaoliang liquor Taiwanese sausage (and when cooked it kind of looks like Soondae haha)

I note the Chinese characters in the restaurant name hinting at Military Village Dependent, which is the style of beef noodles and cooking. Great there’s not just Liang’s for this stuff.

1 Like

I have to go back and try the peanut soup. The lady of the house (Theresa) kept pushing it on me, as well as the wine sausages.

Is there even a Liang’s for that stuff now? It may be just Corner Beef Noodle.

why? i wasn’t wrong.

Thanks ipse - Corner Beef Noodle’ s XO Noodle was fantastic. The noodle had a lot of Q. Errr, I think they did, but honestly - other than a vague notion that Q noodles are thick and chewy, like a handmade noodle ought to be - I don’t know WTF Q is.

1 Like

finally made it there last month. i wanted to tongue the bowl afterwards. partly because it was a small serving

the soup was good, but i didn’t consider it rave worthy personally.

i was more intrigrued by the taiwanese sausage apparently made in house

so how was it?

they were good. just different in texture because IIRC they hadn’t been dried out to the same degree like the sausages you typically find in a chinese supermarket.

That’s cuz they’re freshly made.

But still, you shouldn’t be buying dried out sausages, unless you’re buying droëwors. Or Slim Jims.

apparerntly you’ve not purchased typical chinese sausages. and yes, the point was that i knew they were made in house before i ordered them.

It would be a better name - the place doesn’t sit on any corner. The shopping center it sits in isn’t even on a corner.

1 Like

it’s the same mall as little malaysia restaurant IIRC.

Man I’m def slippin… I was there today and ate at the place across the way (Ocean)… I noticed CBN but it looked dead… def trying it soon.