Corridor 109

That maybe the ticket

1 Like

The answer for cocktails might be Steep After Dark (SAD.) for wine I’d do Cafe Triste. The beauty about these spots is they are an 8 minute walk away.

4 Likes

Oriel, Melody, Triste, SAD are all great choices IMO. Apotheke is in the general area, and Highland Park Brewing and Homage Brewing aren’t far either. Not a bad drinking neighborhood all in all!

1 Like

Steep is right downstairs.

Great idea!

Thank you!
of the wine bars Triste or Oriel?

Oriel was the ticket!
Thank you for recommending it!
Great vibe, super friendly and efficient. Just enough time for us to grab a glass of wine and Bub & Grandma bread + Normandy butter before walking back to Corridor 109.

Corridor 109 was again quite spectacular. Iwashi toast and all…

6 Likes

Glad oriel hit the spot and glad you got to try corridor it’s been on my list!

1 Like

Are there 2 locations? I’m only familiar w/ the West LA one (and don’t see another location listed on the website, although perhaps they have diff website?).

Ack good catch! I had a brain fart… My answer above should have been ThunderBOLT DTLA (in Echo Park) lol.

The correct link is here… Apologies for any confusion.

2 Likes

Sorry I missed your above question, and glad Oriel worked out! They’re both great, for next time cafe triste is super hipster and natural wine focused, if that’s your jam. It’s from the Psychic Wines people.

@Clayfu did you go the Steep on Saturday? I think we crossed paths as we were leaving Steep after dark. We then promptly ran into Chris Hei for the second time that day after I had dinner with him at Anajak the night before. I didn’t realize chinatown was such a small world :joy:

1 Like

yeah i was at Steep around 5:30. I was dumb. For some reason I keep thinking Corridor 109 is in the same building as Steep. So I told my wife we’d grab a cocktail first. Then when I looked up to point to her where Jimmy Sugishita’s restaurant will be, I realized I was in the wrong plaza. Quickly downed the cocktail and we bounced.

You’d think after delivering caviar to him so many times I’d know…

4 Likes

Thoughts on dinner?

1 Like

a few new dishes for spring. @chrishei @hppzz @pomodoro review forthcoming?

(new) hon masu tartlet, trout roe, horseradish, vidalia onions, citrus

isaki with ensui uni, citrus soy gelee, myoga ginger, chives

(new) kasugodai toast, homemade milk bread, pickled red peppers, aioli

(new) hotate, new potato, ginger, squid ink onion sauce

kinki with yamaimo, grated daikon, chive sprouts

katsuo with pesto, spaghetti, shallots, grated ginger

aka amadai, tile fish broth, parae seaweed, tokyo turnips

big abalone energy

abalone risotto, sumidaya rice, preserved black truffle, gamtae seaweed

pixie mandarin sorbet

13 Likes

I appreciate the invite. Your pics are much better than mine. Overall, it’s an impressive effort what he’s able to put out with such a small team, and I’m sure it’ll only continue upward. In retrospect, I actually liked the tartlet the best.

5 Likes

does anyone know if Corridor 109 is still going? last info that i could find is that they didn’t seem to take reservations for july…

Check his IG. They decided to pause July. I understand the Far East Plaza space wasn’t permanent and he was still location hunting so this might be related to that.

1 Like

back for august

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cvh2pzVLGeR/?hl=en

1 Like

Sold out instantly.

1 Like