Costco finds

Now that you mention it, last I looked, I haven’t seen it at our Costcos either. TJ’s always has it, though.
(Délice de Bourgogne)

I might have seen it at WF but not sure.

They were sampling little turkey, cheese and pesto sandwiches. Columbus turkey which we bought cause we frequently have a fridge full of food but nothing for lunch. The pesto is Kirkland and was really good. Never thought of putting it on a sandwich but we will. Today we had a couple of slices of leftover pizza for lunch and I spread a little of it on it. Quite tasty. It only has about a two month expiration but can be frozen. They’re so smart to sample things, aren’t they?

1 Like

oh I LOVE that stuff! I serve it with fig jam and water crackers and as one of my friends said “It’s like ice cream!” So rich and smooth.

Costco now has back the big jar of Star capers, under $6. I bought two jars as I’d been out for a long time.

They also had honeycomb which they haven’t had in ages.

ETA: Forgot to mention that we bought a loaf of chive potato focaccia. Brushed with oo and grilled.

20180908_195602%20-%20Edited

1 Like

garofalo

Garofalo mozzarella di bufala campana DOC, $12 for four 125 g / 4.4-oz. balls. Got tipped off about it by an Italian. It’s not easy to find mozzarella this good in Italy. The Redwood City Costco has it sometimes but I don’t think my closest branches have ever had it.

They also had the Angelo & Franco ciliegine, $6 for 1 lb. We did a taste-off and there was no comparison. I had some A&F burrata in a restaurant that was great but have not seen it retail yet.

1 Like

The Marina del Rey store had it back in July. Pretty darned good as a Costco item.

Where was it? I haven’t seen it.

The MdR store has that aisle with cheeses on both walls, perpendicular to the meat dept case with prepared foods. The aisle’s north(?) wall usually has at least a couple of fresh mozzarella/burrata products. Not sure if the product is still there - I don’t recall seeing it last week.

When I’ve seen it, it has always been near the other mozzarellas.

Thanks to both of you. I will check with I go.

Wait - what???

Wow. Okay, will seek this out. I don’t think my costco has it but, I will call two of the higher end LA costco’s I think might.

I have a dear friend who loves caprese salads and her birthday is coming up A bag of this would be a fun gift. Thank you for the heads up!

I was at our Reno Costco and saw something new in the mozzarella nabe. But didn’t pay particular attention. Should have since we’re still getting great tomatoes at our farmers market.

Thanks for the tip on this mozzarella. It’s something else.

(It’s still at the Marina Del Rey location, for anyone in the area.)

1 Like

also spotted in Burbank

We’re absolutely hooked on this bread. Toasted for breakfast, sandwich, dinner, you name it.

1 Like

We just bought another pan…for probably the half-dozen-ith time :slight_smile: With some cooked spinach, we’ll have a great dinner. Oh, and maybe some of that foccacia.

What we have here is four grams of white truffle (the correct variety, though surely the lowest grade available, such as rejects from their fresh sales last year) stretched with half a pound of butter and “aromi,” which is to say aromatic chemicals such as 2,4-dithiapentane.

I like synthetic truffle aroma, but it seems a lot more cost-effective to buy butter and truffle oil and mix my own.

1 Like

Holy shit! That’s a good price!

If you’re the company selling it!