Costco finds

Evidently the secret to these bibigo wontons is utilizing an authentic Asian dipping sauce, eg. Soy / vinegar / chili oil.

3 Likes

So do you MW them, steam, what? I’ve seen them and if you recommend we’ll pick up a bag.

1 Like

I too adore those wontons!

We cook them like potstickers and serve with a dipping sauce like yours or? (And tis the season) they are perfect when added to a bowl of home made turkey soup - satisfying but not heavy.

2 Likes

Per the instructions fry using a non stick pan. I add a little water at the beginning + use a lid for some mild steam action and then pan fry to desired texture. Add sauce to bowl and eat like chili wontons.

For the price of $6 for a giant bag or w/e kinda hard to beat and makes a quick easy snack.

2 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

COSTCO Sepulveda in Van Nuys

2 Likes

If you only want 3 ounces. These were at the Yorba Linda Costco

3 Likes

Richmond, CA

2 Likes

5.99/lb santa cruz

5 Likes

Bought some rib eye caps at Yorba Linda for the same price per lb but it did NOT say the rib eye caps were on sale. Hmmm.

The pull date on those was Friday.

The rib eye cap in Yorba Linda was actually $21.99 per lb with 1/10 sell by date.

Red Boat, Richmond, CA

2 Likes

I guess it’s worth posting that they also sell this at the Alhambra Costco most of the time. Picture from 6/23/19:

1 Like

6 Likes

Do they have Beyond Meat?

Unfortunately, these days are not good days to find anything at Costco. This was the scene about 40 minutes after opening the doors at Sepulveda in Van Nuys.

The checkout line

Oh my God the world has completely gone crazy. I came here for dog biscuits and dog chews, there was a line around the building, a line inside all the way to the back wall I asked what people were waiting for, the guy said bottled water and paper goods. The checkout line starts at the back of the store. WTF!!!

Checkout Line

Line to get water

3 Likes

If only I had the ability of transporting an entire cart of goods on the subway! I would have joined the party
:grin:

But after careful analysis I realized there was no way to avoid the goods from contacting the floor or any surface on the train or myself avoiding touching the metal poles / handrails etc : I gave up … :weary:

#ApocalypseNow #MaxKiasu

1 Like

Just a bit off-topic… A client of mine mentioned that he had to go to 4 diff stores to find the paper goods and water he wanted (and wasn’t trying to stockpile).

I wish people would spend more time simply covering their mouths when they cough or washing their hands thoroughly than hoarding items that probably aren’t going to vanish, even if we all fall ill. I haven’t been to a grocery store over the past wk. Need to just get some flour, and I’m a little scared about what it might be like. :frowning:

2 Likes