Costco finds

They do! And their beer-battered filets are excellent as well, very thick pieces.

3 Likes

Good to know! Maybe I can try those in my home made FoF.

2 Likes

I’ve been having trouble finding that, most Costcos around are carrying the Angelo & Franco instead. Found some at Redwood City this week, still $12 for four four-ounce balls.

Sonoma Jack pepper jack, two pounds for $7, I don’t think you can beat that price. Natural product, just milk, salt, jalapeños, and enzymes.

Blue Diamond Smoked Almonds

Can’t say they are a “find” as they are always there. (And yay for that!) But I haven’t bought them in years, grabbed a bag as we have company coming and they are nice with drinks, then got stuck out later than I thought I would be and ended up dipping into bag on my way home.

Good heavens. Why am I saving these for just company?! A salty smokey treat that is not that bad for you.

4 Likes

These are REALLY good too. A little different flavor.

1 Like

Ooooo. I saw those and wondered. Good to have a rec for them, thank you!

This bread is better than Killer Dave’s. Less ingredients. Not as dense. Really liked the sprouted wheat. Our favorite regular everyday sliced bread other than cream pan. Found at Fullerton.

2 Likes

We’ve tried the Sukhi’s Chicken Tikka Masala, and it’s phenomenal. Straight chicken and sauce, no rice. Seems more like butter chicken, IMO. Equal or superior to the butter chicken at Amber India in Sunnyvale, which is our standard for that dish. (photo was previously posted, but it was a long time ago, so here it is again)

6 Likes

Just bought this again. Here’s a better photo.

I was personally not a fan…it managed to thread the needle and be salty and bland at the same time.

Red pepper flakes helped but it definitely needed something to make it pop. Felt like sustenance.

Good points. I have a jar of this. Maybe I’ll add some when we have another meal.

Did that and made it lots better .

1 Like

in LA you can get those at Bay Cities Italian Deli (in case you really need another excuse to go!)

1 Like

Ooh, thanks. That reminds me that when we’re back in Seattle next month I ‘need’ to make a stop at Big John’s PFI.

2 Likes

I’m assuming you’re referring to the pasta and not to the Indian food (since I’m actually kinda/sorta excited about the chicken tikka)?

yes the kirkland pasta that Cath posted.

I, too am buying a pack of chicken tikka next time I’m at Costco. Will probably pair with TJ’s garlic naan.

1 Like

You can DIY with chicken thighs and the Tikka and/or Vindaloo sauce they have in stock, too. Dinner in about 20 minutes with the IP.

Wait. Are you saying you can buy their Tikka sauce separately? How does that come – jarred? That has strong possibilities. The chicken is great – high quality meat, but I’d love to make a veg dish with that sauce.

My local Costco carries a sauce pack in the refrigerated section…same section you would find the pre-made Tikka Masala. There are 2 sauce containers in the package…a Tikka Masala/Butter sauce and a Vindaloo sauce. You can use it like any jarred sauce.