Costco finds

Choucroute garnie!!!

These were terrific. And before warming them on the grill I kept slicing off little pieces :slight_smile:

Reno Costco has Vidalia onions!!! Being from Atlanta this is one of my great seasonal food joys.

Prime bone in rib eye for $12.99 per lb, cut about 2 inches thick. Father’s day special at the San Francisco Costco

We went for that but they had sold out yesterday. Reno.

damn, paid $19.99 at Gelsons. that’s after 30% off.

That temporary kiosk they set up for meat and seafood always has one amazing deal

3 Likes

3 Likes

I wonder what that bone weighs…

I was wondering that too. That stack I bought were 2.2 lbs each.

Isn’t that “tomahawk”?

Wow!

Yes I think it is commonly referred to as a tomahawk.

When I read about the special on bone-in rib eyes that’s not what I would have expected. And I likely wouldn’t have bought it because of all that bone that I don’t want to pay for.

And I likely wouldn’t have bought it because of all that bone that I don’t want to pay for.

eh, it’s a lower price/lb for the bone-in, so kinda impossible to tell if bone-in or boneless is cheaper w/o knowing the weight of the bone.

True. But the ones we buy look more like this.

We ‘settled’ for prime boneless rib-eye. Sigh :slight_smile: Having tonight with escargot and other goodies.

Oh, and the ones we buy are always thicker than this photo.

I like having the bone in chop. Something about picking it up with your hands and scouring the bone with your teeth. Primal goodness.At home of course

5 Likes

I picked up some Coastal cheddar. Great value at $6 a pound.

I saw that also at our Seattle one.

That’s a good deal for a pretty good cheddar, but for me at least, I much prefer the Black Diamond 4-year, which is $10/lb at Sam’s Club.