Côté Est - Highland Park

Had a really good meal here last night. From the owners of Barbrix in Silver Lake, this new restaurant serves up the french classics with some new twists. The venue is the old 51 Tavern location, which is beautiful and the back outdoor patio will be awesome during warmer months. Wish I would have taken some pictures but was a pretty hectic dinner with a 9 month old in tow, but really enjoyed the food.

Crab and leeks was recommended by our friendly server and it was probably my favorite dish of the night. Had to try the duck confit and it didn’t disappoint. The meat was tender as can be and was served with a generous portion of lentils. Steak tartare and steak frites were both really solid as well.

The wine menu was very approachable, all ranging from CA and France in the $40-60/bottle range. Not sure what their corkage fee is.

We’ll definitely be back to try some of the other dishes on the menu.

2 Likes

We had a great dinner there on Sunday. Two of us shared the steak tartare, escargot, crab and leeks, duck confit and the fried skate wing. We definitely ordered too much. Everything was delicious, but my favorite dishes were the escargot (plump and prepared out of the shell alongside agnolotti filled with a celery root puree), the skate wing and the crab and leeks. Service was wonderful too.

1 Like

Well said!

Nice. Looking for a proper bistro

Thanks for the report!