Critique my itinerary SF edition AND make a date night suggestion

Hello again FTCers! After all the wonderful advice I got for my recent weekend trip to LA, I thought I’d ask again for my upcoming trip to San Francisco. We’ll be in town for 4 days/3 nights and are staying in the Embarcadero. I wanted to include 1 traditional SF place, a Cal-Ital, and one special date night place which I need help in deciding. It’d be nice if date night didn’t go over $350 for two with a drink or 2 each (don’t know if this is possible though). After reading through past posts I have come up with the following (and added Saison to my bucket list along with French Laundry…ahhhh maybe when I hit the lottery)

Friday night: Tadich
Saturday night pre-show: Cotogna
Sunday night: date night suggestions??? We have been to Cafe Jacqueline once and it was SO delightful. I could try again as sweet Jacqueline isn’t getting any younger and I don’t get to SF that often. Boulevard was suggested to me by a friend. Type of cuisine on this night isn’t important. Just want amazing food and romantic atmosphere.
Monday lunch: Hog Island Oyster Cafe.
Your thoughts???

Any other suggestions for casual but delicious lunches would also be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

acquerello
la folie
la ciccia

1 Like

Great! Thank you! Will look those up now.

Follow up question. Any fun, lively but not too crowded bars with live music for after dinner on the non-show nights? We are 40 so not into the top hot spots but like a lively atmosphere with music where I can preferably find a seat

At Boulevard, ask for one of the two-tops by the window along Mission Street.

I like Perbacco for a date night, but they’re closed on Sundays.

I like Sam’s Grill over Tadich. They’re two of a kind, the only remaining examples of one old-school SF style. Very similar menu, better food, fewer tourists, take reservations.

Bars with live music: Mr. Tipple’s Recording Studio, Sheba Piano Lounge, Black Cat, Scopo Divino

1 Like

thank you!