Culinary Maine: what's new?

Looking forward to a return trip to Maine, first one in a couple of years. We would normally stay in Kennebunkport and/or mid-coast in Rockland. Always had a good time. Anyone been up there lately? Any good culinary encounters? We are willing to drive…

Well, damn, looks like I didn’t post about Portland at all when we where there in 2019. I had to work so much I found a coworking space, so I guess I didn’t want to spend any more time online.

Back Bay Grill was great. Old-school in the good way but up to date where it matters. As I recall there were some great values on the long wine list.

Eventide Oyster Company. Modern oyster house.

Duck Fat fries

Novare Res beer

Scratch Baking, too popular, tended to run out of things by the time we got there.

Micucci Grocery, hot pizza by the slice

Maine & Loire wine shop.

We went to Pier 77 in Kennebunkport, but I don’t remember a thing. A local friend recommended it, he spends half the year in Japan so is reliable on quality ingredients and cooking.

Over the years we have had good times and tastings at Eventide (oysters, lobster bun); Duck Fat (yes, their fries); Micucci Italian Market for their delish slab of pizza. Have not tried the others yet. For beer we enjoy visiting old Allagash Brewery; and food wise, many times at Fore Street and their sprawling new spot Scales on the harbor just off Commerce St. Standard Baking and Two Fat Cats for bakery, cakes and pastries.
In Kennebunkport, Cape Porpoise actually, we always enjoy the pub atmosphere and food and The Ramp Grill, adjacent to Pier 77. And there is so much more

1 Like