Daughter's 20th Birthday Dinner in LA with Family?

Actually it’s totally OK to say Chowhound here. In fact it’s encouraged, since the search algorithms may direct even more Chowhound posters away from Chowhound and allow them to find our Happy Hunting Grounds here at FoodTalkCentral.com

5 Likes

Absolutely skip Pink’s and Apple Pan and replace with Gjusta and/or Gjelina. You cannot miss those two restaurants while here, better at lunch, IMO

I think your idea for the Saam bday dinner is a fine one, and truly a great experience, she’ll never forget it. Nobu for lunch is also good, but I love love love Malibu Farm Cafe at the end of the Malibu Pier. Really terrific food, sit on top of the water - stunning.

1 Like

Don’t forget they’re tourists. Pinks and Melrose are more of a Hollywood sightseeing thing, than a culinary experience. [quote=“yogachik, post:42, topic:3394”]
Malibu Farm Cafe at the end of the Malibu Pier. Really terrific food, sit on top of the water - stunning.
[/quote] Great idea!

1 Like

This post should make us all realize how lucky we are to live near so much great stuff and such beauty. Thanks @Topekahawk.

3 Likes

Do Grom for dessert while in Malibu. Perpetual celeb sightings there as well (for those touristic tendencies)…

3 Likes

Nobu Malibu: The View

3 Likes

Love, love, LOVE SoCal!

2 Likes

Before lunch tour the Adamson House just up the road.

5 Likes

Nobu Malibu: the food

2 Likes

I’m laughing as I read this. I live in the neighborhood and love it but face-palm at least three times during every visit to Sqirl.

1 Like

Chowhounds! Chowhounds! Chowhounds! and just in case, Chow.com

1 Like

Chowhound Los Angeles board redirect to Food Talk Central? Because Food Talk Central is the real deal and Chowhound is not?

I miss hearing many of the sagacious voices from the old Chowhound: Jerome, klyeoh, CharlesYu, rameniac, to name a few…

3 Likes

I’m not sure about the others, but klyeoh posts on the other board that started at the same time as FTC.

1 Like

Hungry Onion.

No need to hide the ball. The more alternatives there are, and the more they are well-known the better.

Plus, I don’t really think FTC and HO are competitors; more like complementary sites.

4 Likes

I really miss the French board. Parigi, John Talbott and so many others. I learned so much from them. I wish they would come here.

2 Likes

I ate so well on many trips to France because of him…

2 Likes

I actually stumbled upon his site in advance of my trip! So freaking great. And I imagine I’ll continue reading even though I likely won’t be back in France for a while.

Is that uni-stuffed chicharron?

i’m not sure what the shell was made out of, it was light and crisp like a shrimp cracker