Dear Inga - SF Mission

Opened in October in the old Farina space, which they haven’t changed much.

liptauer cheese dip, grilled eggplant, walnut-dill pesto, seeded rye & potato breads 16

My friend thought this was a variation on pimento cheese, as if that were a bad thing. Nice combination of savoy and cruchy.

spinach dip, walnut butter, za’atar, seeded rye & potato breads 14

I presume this was inspired by Georgian spinach pkhali, but they didn’t add cilantro, so it was relatively subtle. Not like anything I’ve had before. One of the standout dishes of the meal.

langos 6

Piping hot. These were great with the dips. They substituted them for the bread with one of the dips so we paid only $2.

endive, fermented turnips, tarragon, walnuts, alp blossom cheese, paprika vinaigrette 16

Very nice salad. The baby endives were exceptional. To my taste it could have used more walnuts.

smoked sturgeon, cured salmon, pickled mussels, farmer’s cheese, german potato salad, seeded rye 28

This was great. Sturgeon was very delicate. Why don’t more places do a cold fish plate?

blood sausage, lentils, apple butter 15

Sausage was great. Apple butter was too bland, didn’t really hold its own or add anything interesting to the dish.

manila clams, green adjika sausage, apple, jalapeño, fennel broth 21

Clams good, sausage great, went nicely together.

scarlet runner bean croquettes, sour plum sauce, pickled celtuce, cultured cream aioli 15

Sort of creamy falafel. Kind of bland on their own but nice combined with the pickles, sour sauce, and greens.

Inga’s Cookies & Sweets: seasonal assortment, satsumas, apples 13

All good, particularly the linzer cookies (sandwiches with the star) and walnut coffee sukharyky (can’t really see them, sort of very nutty biscotti).

That was a good amount of food for two people, not overly full, no leftovers.

3 Likes

Haha how could someone not be into pimento dip?

Thanks for the report. I’ve been interested in Dear Inga.