Dear John's

dear john’s x holbox x antico

steak au poivre, three peppercorn-brandy sauce, potato puree, peas & carrots
The best damn tv dinner I’ve ever had. Even though the steak came out medium it was still flavorful and delicious drowned in that creamy peppercorn-brandy sauce. Pro tip 1: move your peas, carrots and potato puree to the steak compartment to soak up all the sauce. Pro tip 2: use your leftover holbox garlic bread to soak up all the sauce.
Anybody know where I can get some crystal pepsi and some compartmented apple cobbler?
@Chowseeker1999, @TheCookie, @attran99, @NYCtoLA, @Hungrydrunk, @paranoidgarliclover, @J_L, @ebethsdad, @Ns1, @JeetKuneBao

antico cookies & cream

https://rockenwagnermarket.com/collections/dear-johns-menu

20 Likes

So brilliant @PorkyBelly!

3 Likes

If you pick the TV dinners up from Citrin/Melisse in SM rather than at Rockenwagner in Culver City, they come with a caesar salad and cheesecake. Price is $39 - $49 through Tock. The steak au poivre at Rockenwagner (without salad and dessert) is $34, I believe.

1 Like

The cuisine of Mypos.

1 Like

Amazing - TV dinner with Balki and Cousin Larry.

4 Likes

Thanks didn’t know it was available on tock. Looks like the steak with salad and dessert is $49 and $34 for just the steak. $22 vs $39 for the salisbury, $24 vs $39 for the chicken parm, and $19 vs $39 for the vegetable lasagna. The salad and dessert premium seems to be all over the place.

There’s also a salmon dinner for $39 on tock that I didn’t see on rockenwagner.

1 Like

You call that medium? I call that well done.

1 Like

dear john’s x holbox x felix

chicken parmesan, spaghetti marinara, creamed spinach
Another delicious tv dinner. Added some leftover, pecorino romano from felix and some more holbox garlic bread. @TheCookie, @attran99

Me after all the food was gone

15 Likes

What a great meal to go with a great show! I am hooked even though I know how it ends.

3 Likes

Your ONLY choice of food to pair with MJ should be GOAT.

6 Likes

Not bull?

3 Likes

D-Rod should have his own documentary series.

2 Likes

OMG…why hasn’t anyone done that, yet?!? Brilliant!

12 Likes

I am down with your choice of entertainment as you dine at home.

6 Likes

I could not find an animated GIF for Baby Bibbi Babakas, which greatly disappoints me.

(Edit: whoa. I totally didn’t realize the baby was holding a utensil in the GIF when I chose it! How violent. I’m keeping it here. :wink: )

9 Likes

dear john’s

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBOAhOBD6Fu/

2 Likes

chicken pot pie @TheCookie

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI4iQWSDnwf/

Shrimp Cocktail

Dear John’s Garlic Bread

Waldorf Salad
Grapes, Apples, Celery, Walnuts, Iceberg. Green Goddess

Lobster Bisque
Sherry, Tarragon, Sourdough Croutons

Chicken Pot Pie
Onion, Celery, Carrot, Potato, Jidori Chicken, Herbs

Butter Noodles

Guanaja Chocolate Pudding
Crème Fraiche, Fleur de Sel

4 Likes

It looks perfect!

This is always the most confusing place/places. IG post directs you to DJ’s website or Rockenwagners (of course without links). If you click on DJ’s IG the only link is to an LA Times article. What?! Not Tock where you’re supposed to actually order the food. Argh!

1 Like