Dear John's

oops forgot to post the link

1 Like

LOL It’s not your responsibility… it’s there’s! I found it by messaging them because it ain’t on the IG link. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Do the GenX thing and just drive there (using a Thomas Guide for navigation) and ask in person.

3 Likes

I wish i still had my LA/OC version of only for nostalgias sake

2 Likes

minus the tarragon?

1 Like

Yeah I’m gonna’ drive all the way to SM - or is it CC? Who knows? - just for them to say sold-out or pre-order only. Confusing… but I do still have a Thomas Guide in my backseat pocket. :wink:

2 Likes

I saw that. :smirk: And I love lobster bisque!

Yay! It’s Culver City!

I would, especially if we’re talking potentially great eats. I dunno, maybe the ol’ Chowhound spirit (pre-CBS corporate contamination) still lives within me. #JimLeffLives (And it’s right off the Culver exit along the 405…)

2 Likes

Yep, I’ve always liked that spirit in you. You’d have to put a bomb underneath me to get me to drive west on a maybe.

2 Likes

Understandable, with our notorious SoCal traffic. Lord knows how many times I’ve made the shlep in person, just to have the eatery tell me to my face that they’re either sold out of food, or only accept pre-orders.

2 Likes

I transfer it from old car to new car. Must be nostalgia.:relaxed:

1 Like

I’ve always wondered if this is a guy thing or a patience thing? Al does the same thing. He rarely calls. He’ll drive someplace and if they’re open great and if they’re closed no biggie. Whaa?!

5 Likes

There are no substitutes for boots-on-the-ground intel.

3 Likes

Okay, I did it the easy way. Ordered it in-between gabbing, paid, selected a time for pickup and bought a cocktail too… the Hemingway Daiquiri.

3 Likes

love the cocktail program at Dear John’s

1 Like

Oh goodie! Had to get the Hemingway cocktail.

Saturday, Connie & Ted’s is offering a Lobster Pot Pie ($28). It was available last Saturday, too, so it might have become a regular Saturday special.

As to the Dear John version, the butter noodles seem an odd accompaniment to me, though at least not redundant as when sister restaurant Charcoal recently offered a Chicken Pot Pie with a side of carrots (albeit a different type than in the filling).

4 Likes

I’m bookmarking that Saturday lobster pot pie. I hope it continues!

1 Like

The lobster pot pie was excellent. Good sized for the price but I was glad I also had a starter. Delicious Maple Walnut ice cream from Ginger’s Divine for dessert to keep the New England theme going.

7 Likes