December Weekend Rundown (2015)

For Hanukkah you’re supposed to eat something fried. My Bay Cities Chicken Parm. Problem solved.

4 Likes

Wait siem reap is closing? Gonna have to stop by ASAP. What a shame for the neighborhood

Center cut of a big ass chunk of prime brisket, 14 hours in the smoker by @mhlee.

It was significantly better than anything from pok pok on Saturday.

4 Likes

Yep. After 35 years (same owners, same cooks the entire time) they’re calling it quits December 31. They’re getting tired and Cambodia Town isn’t what it used to be.

Sad to see them go, as they’re a huge staple in the local community.

How do I get a cut???

2 Likes

35 years with the same owners/cooks is a really impressive run

1 Like

So sad. I guess their kids don’t want it either. They are such nice folks, I wish them well in retirement.

–Dommy!

Offer bourbon and ask @mhlee nicely. At least that’s how I do it. Beats gambling with Horse Thief/Fred’s.

Ha. I give you brisket because you’re appreciative of it, have perspective, are open to other styles of barbecue, and to show you how different brands and grades of meat, rubs, woods, cooking technique and equipment affect the final product since you’re open to learning about this stuff. Plus, you don’t think I’m that crazy about this stuff.

The bourbon is greatly appreciated.

Cheap Eats…The Habit El Segundo

3 Likes

Shredded lettuce… why? WHY!!!

–Dommy!

1 Like

at least it’s not iceberg

1 Like

Breakfast
Republique - kouign-ele

Lunch
Ricky’s

Dinner
Park’s

6 Likes

Sounds like a great day @PorkyBelly :smile:

1 Like

Boring here in OC, but started with a few bottles of Schramsberg, and then headed to Gulliver’s Irvine for prime rib.

2 Likes

Aussie pie kitchen
Smoke’s poutinerie
Grom
Chi spacca

3 Likes

Bestia

Forgot to take a picture before going to town on this branzino. My bad.

Sorry forgot to take a picture before stuffing my face again. Rice pudding w persimmon.

Still good as ever.

4 Likes

are they only giving you one bone with the gnocchetti now?

You can get one or two bones. Definitely should have gotten it with two bones but you live and you learn.

Spring Bamboo for lunch (see report).

Went to a friend’s home for a huge Hanukah dinner (brisket, chicken, latkes, and the most delicious matzoh ball soup, all prepped by the hosts at home). And I brought a tiramisu that I made. All so yummy! :slight_smile: