DeSano Pizza Bakery - Pop-Up with Italian Pizzaiolo Attilio Bachetti

Hi @ipsedixit,

Ooh! Their calzones? I wouldn’t have thought of trying those. Thanks for the tip. :slight_smile:

A+

So glad they’ve kept the Carnivale for so long. And great to hear that it holds up to the original pop-up version.

You bastard.

2 Likes

So as it turns out I was in Long Beach today and checked out this new placed called SteelCraft and what do you know, this is where Desano is located.

Place is basically a totally outdoor food hall using shipping containers. At 2pm we were lucky to nab a table, placed was packed.

Bought a margherita and the one with peppers. Dough taste is good and texture was good but overall the pies lacked something. The margherita was far superior to the other one, but it was still a few notches below the 10/10 example from Pizza Bianco.

5 Likes

Were you in Long Beach for the Robotics competition? I would have gone if I had remembered about the steel container place. I’ve read about it. Do they have other food there?

Nah other business.

A burger joint, a ramen joint, a waffle joint, and a shave ice joint.

1 Like

That ramen looks a bit scary.

1 Like

Good texture on the noodles themselves but not a top tier contender IMO.

Oh, I didn’t realize that DeSano was at SteelCraft! I’ve been wanting to go there to check out the new Smog City Brewing location. Kinda disappointing that the pizza was lacking, though. Thanks for the review!

It’s all relative. Much better than 800 degrees. Doesn’t come close to Bianco.

I’ll check out the Hollywood location eventually.

1 Like

Hi @Ns1,

Thanks for the report on that Long Beach location. It doesn’t look like the same pizza, and the crust to filling ratio is way off. Good to know.

Compared to lodge the ratio looks pretty good from here.

In all seriousness I had no complaints about the ratio because the crust itself was actually pretty good.

1 Like

Not enough ramen with the togarashi… :joy:

2 Likes

Targaryen-style kindling. You are one scary bastard.

Hey Lulu the Magnificent! i definitely endorse DeSano…not my favorite, which for a couple years has been made at Mario Vollera’s South End, but an excellent pie

1 Like

spot in arts district?of the progress with Chris Bianco’s

those are damn good looking pies!

OK, you’re not getting away with that endorsement without saying which pie(s) at South End that you favor. :wink: TIA

phenomenal job @Chowseeker1999

i’ve got this problem on the homefront of a partner who refuses to go out for any carbcentric meal, even though me and Nemroz 2.0 love pizza… so i guess what i’m saying is that i’m going to need a pizza mistress

4 Likes

Thanks @Nemroz. :slight_smile:

Regarding your “challenge”… DeSano is near your recommended Pailin. Maybe on the way to Pailin you sneak in a Small Size DeSano Pizza as a “snack”? :wink:

haha. Yes, we’re around there all the time. I’m going to have to entice her with a salad or something. Surely DeSano has one.

1 Like