Dessert places with drinks

Hi Everyone,

Any suggestions for dessert and drinks (cocktails) in the LA area (Mid City, Hollywood, Beverly)?
Was looking into the Bazaar and their little dessert section, but they dont take reservations (i just dont want to chance with with Bazaar on a weekend due to the crowds they get). This would be for a Friday or Sat night for a group of 6.

Any help would be appreciated!

Here’s Looking at You has both excellent drinks and a really good dessert program. Unless you come in very late (~11 pm) you’ll definitely want a reservation.

thanks but would need dining reservations…unfortunately they are booked

Providence has a dessert only tasting menu and very good drinks from the bar. I know you need reservations but if you go late enough I think you’ll be ok. A few years back my wife and I were at Providence for our anniversary dinner and a 4 top came towards the very end of the meal for the dessert tasting menu.

I guess it depends on the time you are thinking of - how many places are going to give you six seats on a weekend for drinks and dessert? That said, these might work-

Spago
or
Sherry Yard’s new place that is not Spago, maybe the Tuck Room in Westwood http://www.thetuckroom.com/

AOC, Petrossian, and The District

1 Like

odys + penelope

3 Likes

WP24

Spago

Republique

1 Like

Nailed it.

2 Likes

Republique
Jar
Mastro’s (butter cake!)

2 Likes

Odys & Penelope

1 Like

odys and penelope or commerson

2 Likes

Pizzeria Mozza late is my go-to for this kind of thing. Between the budino, rotating gelato pie, and the copetta, they have three of the best desserts in town. And a full bar.

1 Like

Commerson actually good?

decent neighborhood spot. they really seem to shine on desserts though.

1 Like

Westside Tavern has always been a solid place for me. Their dessert menu while otherwise pretty standard - has offered a sticky toffee cake which has been popular since their early days.

They do have off-menu specials as well. Harry’s Berries has been mentioned to have recently appearing at the local FMs with quality Gaviotas. WT likes Harry’s. They currently offer a seasonal dessert featuring their berries in a strawberry shortcake with strawberry cream and strawberry sorbet. WT has a well-stacked full bar, so have at it.

1 Like

PSA: Harry’s Berry’s are at $23/3-pack and are currently very mediocre at best. They look amazing, they taste meh.
I know this is about Wedtside Tavern, but I thought I’d share anyway.
Another month and they should be pretty great again.

1 Like

Thanks for the PSA. Just the same, this strawberry shortcake was more than worthy! The layering of the strawberry flavors in the macerated strawberries, strawberry cream and the strawberry sorbet was a hit at the table.

1 Like

I wish we could still get Seascape’s :frowning:

1 Like

Did they stop growing those? I do recall seeing them last summer.