Dialogue - Santa Monica

#tigersashimi #lockherup #freejoeexotic

4 Likes

4 Likes

Damn that pot pie looks like an instant winner!!

:laughing: :rofl: :laughing: obligatory meme?!?!

8 Likes

LOL! That meal looks so f-ing good!

1 Like

You guys have jokes! Keep it comin’.

hunter’s pot pie - chicken, squab, rabbit, braised vegetables, chicken jus, puff pastry #covid15
Have you ever seen anything so full of splendor?
This may have been even better than the chicken truffle pot pie. Loved the braised carrots and celery. Delicious. @Chowseeker1999, @TheCookie, @attran99, @butteredwaffles, @paranoidgarliclover, @NYCtoLA, @A5KOBE

burnt basque cheesecake

I was trying to make my meal a little healthier by adding some harry’s berries but they actually brought the already perfect cheesecake to a…
tenor

17 Likes

Argh! Sold out for Tues (and it was chicken pot pie for that day), and it’s lasagna the rest of the week. We have some frozen lasagna from Mariano, so maybe I’ll try the week after.

How are you enjoying this season of Westworld? We’re waiting a few more wks before we re-subscribe to HBO…

2 Likes

Now that’s how you do it!

4 Likes

I would keep checking, chef dave has been teasing nightly specials on his ig.

I’m liking it so far, the futuristic sci-fi vibe of the new season reminds me of the terminator and the matrix.

5 Likes

No!

2 Likes

New wellington specials available

https://www.toasttab.com/dialogue-restaurant/v3

3 Likes

Chicken pot and truffle pot pies now available @paranoidgarliclover

4 Likes

Done! Thanks for the heads up! I checked a few hrs ago, and they hadn’t put the specials up.

Been eating a lot of homebaked cookies recently, so I gotta get the party pants out… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

F*ck, that was delicious. The chicken pot pie and beef wellington are examples of how good butter and exceptional seasoning make the world go round.

Pics of the beef wellington (since we’ve all seen the chicken pot pie and cheesecake).

When we unpacked the food, I was kind of disappointed. “Gee, it looks kind of small. I thought some poster(s) had said that one order is enough for 2 people. And that cheesecake looks TINY. Why isn’t it oozing, like other people’s?”

I forget that our oven stinks, so, even after heating per the directions, the centers of both entrees were barely warm. It doesn’t matter that much, though, b/c the brilliance shines through. The crust is SO tender and buttery. The meat was not overcooked, and I can only imagine how much more delicious it would’ve been had it been heated through properly. It’s like the best homecooking. Sauces were excellent, as well (and def did NOT taste like homecooking).

The vegetables themselves were meh, but the salad vinaigrette and the seasoning of the broccoli were really good.

The portions are small, but the food really is rich enough that one entree would be enough for 2 people.

Had a bite of the cheesecake (too full to eat more right now). The taste is fine (I mean, how else is sugar, cream, and cream cheese going to taste?), but it’s the texture that puts it over the top. My center was not custardy, and I’m fine w/ that (not a huge custard fan). It’s rich w/o being overly thick, and the texture is just sublime.

Good stuff.

13 Likes

Nice pics @paranoidgarliclover!!

My oven is shit too and even after raising the temp and leaving it in a few minutes more the dough was a little spongy but I didn’t care that was so damn good.

I finished most of the sauce as it was heating spooning it out of the pan so ate the Wellington mixed up with the veggies and salad and a little bit of sauce.

IMG_0610

A Marsanne/Roussanne blend that paired well once it came to temp.

IMG_0614

Holy hell was the cheesecake delicious. The Oooozzzzee!!!

IMG_0613

11 Likes

Nabbed a Wellington dinner as well.

The short rib Wellington was precisely crafted with its execution better than most Wellingtons I have had straight from the kitchen to the dining room. Quite impressive for take out. The buttery, shatteringly crisp crust stood out. I could eat the crust with the accompanying sauce and be perfectly satisfied with the dish. Like others have stated, the cook time was not the most accurate as I heated per the instructions and add 3 minutes with added convection temperature and the short rib was still a bit room temperature in the middle. The intermuscular fat was still solid at the thickness part instead of the unctuous tenderness you get at a higher temperature. Perhaps a different protein would have resulted in a warmer core as cooked short ribs tend to be quite dense.

The broccoli was outstanding and chef really nailed it. The edges of the florets got crispy during the roasting.

Burnt to Basque perfection. Silky smooth with a borderline liquid center makes for a truly exceptional eating experience.

14 Likes

Ordered a slice of cheesecake with a side of beef short rib wellington #covid15

dialogue X harry’s berries X pudwill
Still the best fucking cheesecake I’ve ever had @TheCookie, @Chowseeker1999, @attran99, @NYCtoLA, @ebethsdad.
So oozy when I listened closely I could hear this

Loved the vinaigrette salad dressing

After reading about @paranoidgarliclover, @butteredwaffles, and @A5KOBE’s temperature woes, I let my wellington rest at room temperature before putting it in the oven for about 15 minutes but it was still just warm in the middle. The broccoli, crust and sauce came out perfectly, just wish i cooked it longer and rendered the fat a bit more. i think 20 minutes would be just right. Still really good though.

12 Likes

Glad you didn’t have to eat it in your car!

2 Likes

If only I could pick up earlier in the day. Being in the city late afternoon/early evening is harder for me. Looks so amazing! And my whole cheesecake never got that Epoisses-y.

3 Likes

I know. I was on the Westside early today and every place I’ve been reading about and wanting to try was closed for the day or opened in the evening. I really should have planned that better. But I did manage to get a few goodies from somewhere else…

3 Likes