Dialogue - Santa Monica

Down for it all! #covid19

4 Likes

traffic will never be this good in LA again! So why not :smiley:

6 Likes

Had it tonight. Everything was great but the pot pie was outstanding–I’ve liked all his pot pies that I’ve tried but this one was particularly enjoyable–goes quite nicely with a crisp white. I see that next week Pasjoli is doing a seafood cassoulet, which looks good, too.

4 Likes

Did you happen to detect any tarragon in it by any chance?

Actually, I thought about that as I was enjoying it because of your earlier post. I did not notice a distinct tarragon flavor but I would suggest contacting Dialogue directly to check [619-624-3361] so you can avoid any unpleasant surprise.

1 Like

Thanks! We got Republique today, but heading to the Westside next week. I’ll call to see if they’re offering it again and will plan my visit around it. :relaxed:

The lobster pot pie (and 3 other varieties) is being offered again June 2-4. They are also now offering a slice of the Basque cheesecake a la carte for $12 (noting it is twice the size of the one that used to be included with the three course meals).

4 Likes

Really loved the vinaigrette with the simple salad. The pie had a generous amount of lobster, the tail meat was a bit chewy but the claw and knuckle meat was perfect. I don’t think there was any tarragon @TheCookie but there might have been some fennel on top. Bread pudding can’t top the cheesecake but was still delicious.

10 Likes

So what’s the reigning champ pot pie? Lobster or truffle fried chicken?

4 pot pies are on the menu this week…

Has anyone had the truffle chicken pp, lobster pp, and the wellington? Curious as to which is (arguably) the best- most particularly between the pot pies. The shroom one sounds/looks good as well but I’m the only shroom follower in this house.

4 Likes

My vague recollection is that @PorkyBelly has had them all, but I don’t think he’s posted a comparative list. ;)’

To make matters more complicated, there’s also a surf and turf this wk, and I do wonder if the lobster there would be better than in the pot pie…

2 Likes

I got a list, here’s the order of my list that it’s in
It goes
Burnt basque cheesecake
Hunter’s pot pie
Truffle chicken pot pie
Lobster pot pie
Wellington

9 Likes

The Fried Chicken over Lobster? I love me some Fried Chicken but it seems so rich!

Personally, I would flip flip the positions of the truffle chicken and the lobster, otherwise your ranking is spot on. This weekend, I am trying the surf and turf–we will see if it can crack the top 5!

2 Likes

So am I! We’ll have to compare notes here. :wink:

1 Like

Just as I was about to proceed with the truffle chicken @NewTrial’s comment pulls me back into neutral. Sigh… indecision is a disease.

Whichever way I do go, however, I WILL try a slice of the cheesecake (as perhaps one of the very rare and few cheesecake-haters out there) with the hope that it will be so revelatory that it turns me into a cheesecake-lover, or, in other words, a normal person.

2 Likes

I guess you just have to get both then. :wink:

2 Likes

Agreed but while I wish I could, I really can’t justify how much I’ve already spent on food the past few months. Trying to (not really) cut tiny corners wherever I can ha. o_O

5 Likes

I am sure many (myself included) cannot justify the money spent on ice cream and pie, let alone food. :joy:

1 Like