Dinner/drinks near Largo at the Coronet

No kidding. When he brought her out I was giggling like a kid. She and Coulton collaborated on a couple of songs on her new album.

1 Like

@lectroid - It used to be the Chili Addiction, serving a variety of different chili, house-made hot dogs & ketchups. The specialty: Americana, a dark, rich, spicy, ground beef, no bean chili was the bomb. But L.A. is not a chili town and they couldn’t survive selling only chili. At first there was still a lot of chili on the menu, but it was carelessly prepared and not as good. Now, I don’t think they serve chili at all. Too bad. I think the owner was a chili circuit champ, not really a restaurateur and has been winging it trying to survive.

Listening to “What About Love” by 'Til Tuesday as I type this… It still sounds so fresh, it could have been recorded this month.

What about food (since it IS a food site)? I’m typing out a new review…

1 Like

+100

Hi @MaladyNelson -

We went to Murakami Sushi on Melrose tonight. You’re right. They may not hit the “gastronomic heights of the heavy hitters”. No rare selections here. But, I like to eat light for dinner, and it’s the perfect little local spot. The sushi is fresh and the service is really friendly.

Scallop w/yuzu, Kampachi, Albacore, Tuna, Halibut.

Ordered a second of the Kampachi & Albacore.

My Sweetie had his big plate of tender Ribeye.

We were too tired to build-our-own Chirashi Bowls. But they looked lovely coming out of the kitchen.

Here’s the Chirashi menu for those interested.

Dessert. Looks like a koala.

Thanks for the suggestion!

4 Likes

So glad you had a good experience, @TheCookie! Murakami gets the job done efficiently and affordably, I believe, as long as you keep your expectations in check. I’m pretty partial to their chirashi bowls, especially during the woefully hot LA summers. Your matcha ice cream panda is hilarious - love it!

I’ll definitely try the chirashi bowls. They look great. I had had such a day and didn’t want to make another decision :confused:. I let the chef decide.

Good find. Thanks again!

1 Like

I totally hear you, @TheCookie! Sometimes I can’t even pick a restaurant when I’m exhausted - just ask my poor husband. Glad it worked out though.

By the way, kudos to you for rescuing that injured dog yesterday. The world needs more kindhearted people like you!

2 Likes

Awww thanks! It’s a miracle the little guy wasn’t badly injured!

2 Likes