Dinner near Greek Theater?

What is good in that area?

I like Mess Hall http://www.messhallkitchen.com They also will let you leave your car there and take Uber or Lyft to the Greek
Also Little Dom’s or even House of Pies…

1 Like

-Ditto on Messhall

-Purans Mediterranean on Hillhurst

-Palermo Ristorante on Vermont - If you’re up for red sauce & old school Italian kitsch. I don’t know if they still do this. But they used to give you a glass of chianti when you walk thru the door.

Barbrix is not too far and imho has the best food in the area.

Farfalla if you feel like pasta.

Little Dom’s and Mess Hall are also solid.

1 Like

Ditto on Farfalla.

I usually end up @ Messhall too or hit up something in thai town (Reun Pair) while heading east.

1 Like

Fred 62. Okay, maybe not before-show dinner, but we never do that anyway. Since the shows start at or before what we call dinnertime, we tough it out and head for Fred’s for a nice late supper. Diner food, yup, and who the hell wants anything else after midnight?

2 Likes

The folks who want Thai food. Noodles! There’s a reason that “Crispy Pork Gang” is open 24 hours!

1 Like

Okay, except for Thai food. Somehow I don’t see Fred ever doing Thai food …

1 Like

2021 best closest to the Greek?

Kismet, Ruen Pair, Pailin, Pa Ord

2 Likes

Good list
Would add Little Doms

3 Likes

Yea considering our Pailin obsession and not having been there for so long we will likely end up there but I was hoping for something fancy for birthday before show

2 Likes

For something fancier, Atrium?

Kismet’s normally fancier than Pailin, but I guess they’re still outside dining only, and I don’t know what the sidewalk seating is like.

1 Like

Not quite as close as some of the other places suggested (3.5 miles) and only open Thurs. - Sat., but Greekman’s in Silver Lake has gotten good feedback, and would be name appropriate, at least.

1 Like

Botanica? Antico Nuovo? Found Oyster?

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Maybe alimento?

Alimento— depends on how far you want to drive after eating. Alimento is a 15min drive to the bottom of the hill to the Greek (as are many of the suggestions). Barbrix is closer, Atrium closer still. Messhall is the closest and I believe even has (or used to have) a free shuttle up to the venue. So if that’s still the case— park once. I haven’t been since way before covid, so can’t comment on what’s going on there now, but I thought it was always a close, nice option before a show.

1 Like

2022, any good pickup options nearby to have a quasi-mini picnic before a show? A bento box purveyor perhaps? Only thing I can think of so far is Dune Atwater, Oaks Gourmet Market & Cafe