Something decent, not fancy, and good causal is fine, too.
(1) 15 minute drive each way range from Century Blvd.
(2) Beach area not necessary (nor not necessarily desirable, because it will be dark early, and could (I know, shudder) could be inclement weather during the visit.
(3) Nothing mostly raw, or mostly spicy. Otherwise, various ethnic varieties are fine.
(4) Nothing that is going to require more than 5 or so minutes of walking from a car.
(5) Interesting and/or eclectic wine lists are a plus.
As a last resort, the hotel has a Daily Grill, but I’m not much of a resort guy, so I would like to try and avoid the last resort.