Dinner Omakase at Sushi Ichi: A Pictorial Essay (& REVIEW)

But do Zo or Mori give you that much fish for $100? I’ve certainly never seen any indication of that. Glad to hear it if my impression is wrong.

How many pieces did the original poster get for $100.

it would be around $200 for those 20-plus pieces from Mori.

and Zo starts at $165 (that’s the minimum price floor) and goes up from there.

yes, fish prices have definitely gone up exponentially. Just a couple years ago you could still get a pretty good omakase for $100 or a little above, now that same omakase due to fish inflation would hover around $175 for beginners.

anyhow, my fucking bad.

J.L can tell us if a price was mentioned for the omakase specifically (i.e the first 20 odd pieces he got). Given how similar those 20 odd pieces were to the omakase described in the blog post I linked to, I assumed the price would be similar (around $100/head before tax and tip). Extra pieces, drinks and tax pulling it up to $200. But maybe I’m being too optimistic. Then again at Sushi Sushi this summer we got 15 pieces for $65 at their lower tier lunch omakase. You can see what that included here: Sushi Sushi (Beverly Hills) | My Annoying Opinions

My friend and I ate at Zo ~4 yrs ago. The price was ~$80pp (b/f tax, tip, etc), and I think that we perhaps got 10 pieces total (if even that much)?

So the price that J_L_ was charged for his meal (for good but necessarily outstanding) quality sushi would seem to a bit of a bargain, IMO.

wow.

just 10 pieces that does sound pricey for 4 years ago, but it was probably longer than that, maybe ???

because i think Zo was already in the 115 to 125 range for about 20 pieces back in 09 when i last hit that shit up, or it might have been 2010 tops.

once again, this was at the national location.

i believe the Zo Dtla which is now supposed to be the better one and the real OG one these days opened in 2012.

Thanks for this review.

Sushi Ichi is a fantastic place and deserves way more attention that it receives.