Dinner on Christmas eve in Santa Monica

To quote the person you are replying, click on the little bubble icon on the top left hand corner in the reply-message box, as shown below in the highlighted red arrow.

You can also highlight the text you’d like to quote, by selecting it and the board software will automatically ask if you’d like to quote the selected text in a reply, and you can simply click on the gray box to quote the text in a reply, like this:

You can figure who you are replying to by looking at the top right corner of your message, which will show the user’s icon, like this (as highlighted by the red arrow):

This board software, for a variety of reasons, does not use threaded discussion formats, so everything is laid out linearly. It takes a little bit to adjust to, but once you’ve got the hang of it, it’s not that difficult and certainly easier on the eyes than some other message board formats.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

[quote=“ipsedixit, post:21, topic:1973”]
ou can also highlight the text you’d like to quote, by selecting it and the board software will automatically ask if you’d like to quote the selected text in a reply, and you can simply click on the gray box to quote the text in a reply, like this:
[/quote][quote=“ipsedixit, post:21, topic:1973”]

Thanks so much for all the info. Hopefully I did that right. We’ve made a reservation for 9 (I miscounted) at Tavern. My friend keeps pushing Craig’s, where we ate last year, but aside from celebrity sightings it wasn’t very memorable food. I do like the idea of Chateau Marmont or Sunset Tower, but ride back to SB would be painful. Thanks for all your help!

I need to start a new post about decent Mexican food near Manhattan Beach. Just spent 2 nights there, had some good meals but my son is really missing guerrilla tacos and his spots in Boyle heights he liked.

1 Like