Dinner tonight with The Wife™

I can’t believe Republique has an 8pm reservation open on a Friday night. I haven’t been there in a while but used to be IMPOSSIBLE to get weekend reservation during normal dining hours there.

1 Like

Hi @tailbacku,

Yah, maybe because of Labor Day Weekend (and people going out of town)?

Probably a cancellation.

@TheCookie @CiaoBob

We were a little late in arriving to Tuck Room so we only sampled the mac and cheese fries. They were quite good. We sat at the bar and at one point the bar filled with fake smoke (dry ice?). I hope this is not a common LA trend! The music was also quite clubby/dancy which didn’t work for me.

I would recommend the place though, if you are looking for a quick bite before tucking (see what I did there?) into iPic for a movie. It does make for a fun date night. iPic is worth checking out for sure if you haven’t been! They have full reclining seats with food and bar service directly to your seats. Great way to catch a flick!

Mac and cheese fries at Tuck Room:
https://i.imgur.com/4LNOQHl.jpg

2 Likes

Aaah, I forgot Sherry Yard (former Wolfgang Puck Pastry chef) was behind that. Maybe I’ll go in for dessert.

Thanks for the report. Good info. Welcome to FTC!

1 Like

Only for the premium seats. The ones up front don’t get nada.

That’s the old AVCO? for those of us who haven’t been since they split from 3 to 4 screens…

It’s next to what I call (and what might actually be called) the AVCO building on Wilshire and Glendon.

aah, okay. I was looking at the map online and couldn’t tell. Thanks

The Brentwood is great.

It’s ok. Sort of Houstons esq.